Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Best Broadband Router Experience
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

Am just about to move house and will be switching from EE to another provider (They seem to throtle at peak times though deny it).
    Exchange will be Fibre optic in April and will want to take up that but until then want the best router available.
    BT
    Talk Talk
    Sky
    Plusnet

The above seem to be the choices for me that would work. Any advice on their respective offerings?

Cheers

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve used the Sky, Talk Talk and BT routers and BTs is by far the best. The sky SR101 is rubbish so I’ve swapped it for an Asus jobbie which is excellent.

woody2000

I’m a plusnet fibre user, their standard router isn’t much cop I’m afraid. User interface is pretty horrible and the wireless range isn’t great. I swapped it out for a tplink tl-wr1043nd which is way better, good wireless range and stable (especially with dd-wrt installed)

faz083
    Free Member

I appreciate you may be a little naive, however have you considered a *proper* ISP and supplying your own router. It’s not exactly hard and yes you’ll pay £2 a month more than BT but you get to speak to someone in England.

zippykona

I appreciate you may be a little naive, however have you considered a *proper* ISP and supplying your own router. It’s not exactly hard and yes you’ll pay £2 a month more than BT but you get to speak to someone in England.

I’m extremely naive ,please explain more. No abbreviations or tech speak please.

Drac

BT here been a great ISP, very good router, fantastic speed that’s not throttled and the only time I needed to speak to them; well I didn’t they rang me; guess what they were English if such things bother you.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Get a linksys or cisco router off your own back . Free routers seem to be worth exactly what you pay for them……

Get some decent filters when your at it. Bt home hubs 2 and 4 suck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Best Broadband Router Experience’ is closed to new replies.