Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best brake pads for Sram Code R ?
  • jeb

Hello

Not too impressed with a new set of Code R brakes mounted on a Focus sam2 ebike, it is heavy…. 26 kilo !

Thanks !

z1ppy

I have guide RE’s but run exactly the same pads as my m8 with Codes, CL brake pads
    https://clbrakepads.co.uk/pages/bicycle-performance-brake-pads

Tracey

All our REs on the Levos are running Uberbike Race matrix after we dumped the originals fitted as they were rubbish for stopping. I had to swap out the rears on mine in Finale last year as they were worn down, I put the E matrix ones in to try but I cant tell the difference.
    Running Saints on all our other bikes again with race matrix.

impatientbull

+1 Uberbike Race Matrix.

philstone

Best for power – Trickstuff Power 840. Don’t last an amazingly long time (1 week of Alps duty) but by far the most powerful. Even compared to UberBike Race Matrix.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Whereas I run the cheapest ebay or Amazon specials on my Levo. The last pairs were something like £1.78 a a pair and took 2 weeks to come. I keep a couple of sets in the spares box and order replacements when I use them. They work totally fine and I doubt that there is a significant benefit to paying 10x more.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

As above, best for power – Trickstuff.

Best for longevity & good performance – OE Sintered.

Best for being cheap/crap/lasting 5 minutes – anything Uberbike.

impatientbull

I would echo the short life span of the Trickstuff pads. I wore a pair down to the backing plate over a wet weekend of riding at Risca and BPW.

chakaping
    Free Member

The OE ones were really good, IMO.

Now replaced with Clarks organic pads cheap off eBay, which are perfectly adequate but do lack a bit of bite.

Looks like you need the Trickstuff ones then OP, if you are not happy with the stock pads.

nickc

Best for longevity & good performance – OE Sintered.

This gets my vote, I pretty much always come back to these after trying aftermarket stuff.

joebristol

I think the race matrix uberbike ones were the best I had in guide r’s. They’re not the most powerful brakes for a heavy ebike though.

I think I’d skip the ebike matrix uberbike pads – I’m finding in the slop they seems to loose a bit of power from time to time – when I didn’t ever have with race matrix.

Note – I’m using Code R’s on a trail bike with 200/180mm discs.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

This gets my vote, I pretty much always come back to these after trying aftermarket stuff.

Absolutely, I tend to only deviate when there is stock issues. Bought a couple of pairs of the Uberbike Race Matrix a that start of Feb as I couldn’t find any OE stock. Bought some more once they came back in & it’s a good job, as i’ve gone through the Uberbike pads in about 8 rides this month.

The OE might be twice as expensive, but they last me generally about 4 months a set, in all conditions.

oikeith

+1 Uberbike Race Matrix

Recently switched to the e-race matrix and they feel as grabby but seem to have more meat on the pad.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best brake pads for Sram Code R ?’ is closed to new replies.