Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Best bits at Coed y Brenin?
  • timmys

I’m off for a first trip to Coed y Brenin and am looking for recommendations on the highlights. Ideally I’m looking for a ~2hr ride, back to visitors centre and then another ~2hr ride.
    I’ve got all the trail maps in front of me and am somewhat overwhelmed so would appreciate help on which routes to choose, suggestions on how to combine them or which are the must-do sections so I can string them together myself. Cheers!

grum
    Free Member

Just do the Beast but maybe miss out the big fire road climb/descent imo – I really enjoyed it. Not done all of the trails there though.

MrGreedy

Yeah, just do the Beast and stop at the Forest Café halfway round (although you might want to check it’ll be open, think there was a thread on here about it a few days ago).

mrbump
    Free Member

the new false teeth section is not to be missed and also uncle fester is absolutley mint ,especially if you pump every bump and berm and stay of the brakes its super fast.
    i usually do the dragons back (stopping at the tea room half way round for a cream tea) and the i do my own loop : dreamtime, push up the side of abel and come down that,false teeth,uncle fester and pink heffer.
    that should give you 4/5 hrs of super fun riding.

timmys

Cheers guys, that’s really helpful! Looks as though it’s the Beast (plus Dreamtime, minus forest track loop) now I know there’s a cafe half way round.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Best bits at Coed y Brenin?’ is closed to new replies.