Best Bathroom Scale?.

Home Forum Chat Forum Best Bathroom Scale?.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best Bathroom Scale?.
  • trail_rat

what surface are they sat on.

Munqe-chick

Don’t flipping bother.

Gary_M

I’ve had a set of withings scales for the past 6 months, working very well so far.

huggis

Laminate floor

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

How long are you leaving it before getting back on. Some electronic scales need a short period to ‘settle’ between readings. 60 seconds or so usually does it.

If you get off and straight back on the results can vary significantly.

If you keep them in a cupboard or the like again, always best to put them on the floor and leave 60 seconds or so before weighing.

Cheers

Danny B

huggis

Danny B. good advice! Will try that and see what happens.

Premier Icon simon_g
    Subscriber

Still very happy with my Withings wifi one. If you don’t have space to keep it out flat, then at least get the same spot each time – we have a tiled bathroom floor so easy to line up the same place every day.

huggis

Anyone got a good a set of scales? My Salter ones are hopeless, today they gave me 4 different consecutive readings varying by 6lbs.

Wireless nice but accuracy & consistency most important!

huggis

Withings looks good. Assume you don’t need to do anything to log weight once setup?

AdamW

Nope, I got one. You just stand on it and it weighs you and sends off the result. If you are a similar weight to someone else it will show you a list of names and you change your weighting to point at the one you want.

A few mins later and you can see the graphs online or on your iphone.

Gary_M

Once connected to wifi you can either just use the scale to view your weight or the app/website stores all your date.

Basil

My wife has just shown me how to “loose” pounds by moving our digital scales around the bathroom.
    Posted by Jim slimmer than I thought

Another satisfied Withings customer here too.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Mine are rubbish. It keeps saying like 88kg even though I KNOW I must be nearer 70kg.

Premier Icon annebr
    Subscriber

You’re only fooling yourself fatty

😉

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

NO I AM NOT!

I got fourth place on a Strava segment today, I’ll have you know.

cheekyboy

We do not suffer bathroom scale, life in a Northern Pennine water catchment area is fantastic in so many ways !

nealglover

Are people really spending £90 on bathroom scales just because they send your weight to your iPhone and save you typing 3 numbers into a free app ??!

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

Note with the new Withings Scale – you need an iPhone or Android phone to set them up. If you go for the cheaper WS 30 model (that doesn’t calculate body fat%) the white ones are iPhone compatible only. Don’t ask me why!

Now I know most people do have an Android or iPhone phone but some weirdos like me don’t!

Cheers

Danny B

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

that doesn’t calculate body fat%

No scales calculate body fat. Some make a wild stab in the dark though.

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

OK – I’ll rephrase. The WS30 does not take a wild stab at your Body Fat, the WSB01 and WS50 do.

Regardless of the accuracy of the actual reading though, so long as you use the same scales to take the measurement it is a useful indicator as to whether you are getting leaner.

Cheers

Danny B

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best Bathroom Scale?.’ is closed to new replies.