Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best all round tyres
  • subduedsupernova
    Free Member

I have tried searching but it’s bringing posts from years ago as most recent

Looking for a tyre to leave on bike all year round for mixture of trail centre and natural stuff in all weathers

29″ 2.4 to 2.6

I have seen minion’s mentioned alot and more recently Michelin wild enduro looks good

Any recommendations for the best compromise? Would prefer to spend less if possible

ogden
    Free Member

I run a Magic Mary/Hans Dampf on my trail bike all year and currently have a Magic Mary front and Minion DHR on the rear of my Capra.

paladin

I like ‘all round tyres’, the square ones don’t fit my wheels ,😅

I have minion front, high roller rear on my bouncy bike all year, hardtail is usually the same although it sometimes gets to wear students dependent on what I’m doing

chiefgrooveguru

“Looking for a tyre to leave on bike all year round for mixture of trail centre and natural stuff in all weathers”

The answer depends on what natural trails you tend to ride, whereabouts in the country they are, and what balance of grip vs slip you’re willing to tolerate.

For me the answer is Hillbilly 29×2.6 F / Eliminator 29×2.3 R on the full-sus and Magic Mary 27.5×2.35 F / Minion DHR2 27.5×2.3 R on the hardtail.

ajantom

Michelin Wild AMs 2.6 at £25 a pop are proving good.

As are Vee Tyre Crown Gems in a 2.5 width on another bike. These are a proper deal from Paligap on eBay ATM. £20 for 2. Which is ridiculously cheap for a proper tubeless tyres with good grip.

orangespyderman

As a front tyre, all year round, the Conti Der Baron 29×2.4 is difficult to beat, in my experience. In properly boggy mud it won’t work as well as a mud tyre, though. I have one on my trail bike all year.

Nothing really to go with it on the back from Conti if like me you’re a tart and don’t want to mix brands. I have a mountain king (new version) on the back and it’s ok but nowhere near as good as the Baron is on the front.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best all round tyres’ is closed to new replies.