Best airline to fly with bike to Stockholm?

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by  ben.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Best airline to fly with bike to Stockholm?
  • scud

Off to ride the Vatternundan ride in Sweden and stay with a mate that lives in Stockholm now, anyone recommend an airline for flying from the London airports to Stockholm please with a bike? I know there are a number of search engines, but then you have to trawl through the T&C’s to see how much taking bike adds each time.

Thanks

Flaperon

BA. Containerised so your bike won’t end up in the boot with several tons of suitcases chucked on top of it, and you can take a bike as part of your luggage allowance.

Two or three flights a day to Arlanda if I remember correctly.

DanW

Yep, second BA. Perhaps not the cheapest but have always been good to me . Also had good experiences with SAS. The only problem I’ve had in the past is very busy BA check in desks at Heathrow. I don’t know why but it always seems worse than most there although I may just have been unlucky. There may be some fancy pants modern way to check luggage in on a machine and not queue but it is worth thinking about that aspect too

willard

Advantage os SAS is fika on the flight and flying from T2 if memory serves. I like T2.

Also, for sure get a flight that goes to Arlanda. The other two Stockholm airports are in no way Stockholm, so best avoid RyanAir’s offerings.

You will love the ride by the way, it’s awesome. Everyone I know says it is tough, but it’s a lovely part of the country.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I used SAS loads, and my bike went free in lieu of a piece of check in (IIRC). No problems at all.

The only problem I’ve had in the past is very busy BA check in desks at Heathrow. I don’t know why but it always seems worse than most there although I may just have been unlucky. There may be some fancy pants modern way to check luggage in on a machine and not queue but it is worth thinking about that aspect too

Check in online before you go and use auto baggage drop!

ben

Have flown bikes with SAS with no problems at all. Confirm the above, no extra charge as long as below 23kg, just counts as a bag.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.