Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Best £400:00 hardtail
  • Ambrose

A friend wants a new bike, roughly £400 budget. Suggestions? So far the LBS has suggested a Felt 9 series or a Trek Marlin 6.

Any other suggestions?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Calibre Rake?

olly2097
    Free Member

Save a little more and get a bizango

kerley
    Free Member

I rather like the 2018 model NS Eccentric I bought yesterday (eBay) that had been used once and couldn’t tell the difference from new. £409 for a bike bought in October 2018 for £975 (and that was a reduced price). Proof that buying used is a much better proposition.

matt_outandabout

At that price, second hand.

Put a wanted and up.

funkmasterp

Another vote for second hand here. You can get so much more for your money. Pinkbike, eBay and post a wanted ad on here.

theboatman
    Free Member

If you can push to £499 and fit a medium the Felt Surplus 70 looks a fair deal from PX

Felt at Planet X

ossify

For a new bike at £400 the Calibre Two Cubed is pretty hard to beat. I’ve still got a Calibre Two.Two (old version) and it’s great.

Duane…
    Free Member

Definitely second hand – will take a bit longer, but some bargains out there. I picked up a 2015 dirt jump bike, about £1000 when new, used about 5 times, for £230 last week.

jeffl
    grtdkad

Paul’s Cycles sale surely?

50% off a Cube…

https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/2096/products/cube-attention-275-hardtail-mountain-bike-2017-redorange.aspx

**other bike retailers are available

Ambrose

Cheers folks, I’ll pass this all on.

kittyr
    Free Member

+1 for saving a bit more and getting the new bizango – seriously good bike for the price

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Best £400:00 hardtail’ is closed to new replies.