Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Best 27.2 dropper seatpost
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

On the GD- who CARES what it looks like?? Its covered by your ass/thighs anyway guys

Speak for yourself Hora. 😉

5AM
    Free Member

Anyone know the URL for Action Sports, I think may just have to get one of these for myself.

rickmeister

The HiLo seatclamp looks like the one on the Maverick/Joplin and it was the downfall of the system… be interesting to see how these last. The most attractive option seems to be the Gravity Dropper as it keeps going. If the only thing against it at the moment is its ugly then thats fine. Its obviously working!

rudedog
    Free Member

any updates from the guys who bought hilos?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The only irritation I have with mine (HiLo) is that it squeaks the first time it’s dropped/lifted. This is down to the tightness of the seal.

I had to apply some threadlock to the bolt that holds the lever as it worked its way loose over the first couple of rides. No issues since.

There is a tiny amount of rotational play from where the top assembly is fitted to the post, but it was exactly the same from new and it’s not apparent when riding.

The seatclamp is fine. It did need some grease on the threads initially, in order to get the bolt tight enough, but mine has held tight since.

Mine has had a protective boot – made from a Lizard Skins inverted fork boot – fitted from new. The seal is otherwise a trap for everything that the rear wheel throws at it.

HermanShake
    Free Member

GD!! I got one (despite my hating that **** rubber boot thingy) and love it. Reliable, simple sprung pin mechanism with a magnet to return it to position. I have a remote lever GD Turbo with 4″ travel.

Don’t overtighten the bar clamp!

I read many, many threads on this before buying (2nd hand) and the others either weren’t 27.2 or failed in ways a seatpost shouldn’t.

christineliao
    Free Member

DSP Bighorn seatpost.
    #1 Initial review:DSP Initial Seatpost
    #2 Initial review:DSP Bighorn Adjustable Seatpost

[video]http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=34002536&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1[video]

ian martin
    Free Member

Bought a gravity dropper descender seatpost with 4″ of travel.
    Pretty light, works well (if a bit clunky) but 1 ride in wet conditions and became stuck Just as I was starting to descend.
    A regrease and service later and its silky smooth again.

tallgavin
    Free Member

I’ve got both a Gravity Dropper and KSi7 in 27.2. Neither are remote. The Gravity Dropper is fine but needs regular maintenance to keep it working smoothly (after most rides in the winter). Bought a KSi7 about a year ago and had zero problems with it. Perhaps I’ve just been lucky with the i7 but the constant cleaning of the GD just became a pain.

Liftman

christineliao is that a 27.2mm seatpost ?

cookeaa

+1 for the 27.2 HiLo – also ordered mine from Germania.

I Opted for the 27.2 on the grounds that it would always be piossible to find a shim for bigger seat tubes, currently sat in a 31.6 with a Plastic USE shim, doe the job nicely…

I believe the X-fusion is derived from (but not identical to) the Speedball/Joplin design, but with a smaller diameter steel upper section where the others use a larger dia’ aluminium tube…

No idea on the KS jobs design…

RustyMac

Liftman

Pretty sure there is a 27.2 model, LoCo has mentioned it previously. 3″ drop rather thatn 4.5″ similar to the X-Fusion HiLo.

Pretty sure this is the web side he sent me to before when i wanted some more info on it.

http://dsp-racing.com/index.html

discalmer – i have nothing to do with Loco or Diverse products but i am very keen to find out more about this seat post.

LoCo
    Free Member

DSP racing ‘bighorn’ has a 3″ drop on the 27.2″ and 4.5″ drop for the 30.9 and 31.6.

They are due in February time, but will keep everyone posted (sorry!)

Prices will be £175 for remote and £150 for the lever operated.

any further queries drop me a mail 😀

christineliao you certainly seem to love DSP stuff 😕

RustyMac

My birthday is in February, that is a happy coincidence 😆

alpin
    Free Member

so please help me on this one….

the Gravity dropper offers 4″ or 5″ of travel, but without any increments. i.e. full up or full down.

the Gravity Dropper Turbo offers 4″ or 5″ of travel in 1″ increments. and weighs approx 400gr.

the Rase offers 9″ of travel at 1″ or less increments, but weighs 635gr.

is the GD Turbo the best of the bunch?

looking for a post for my DB Alpine. as it is i have a lot of post extended when climbing and will often ram the post between half- and all the way into the frame when descending.

cheers

timangus
    Free Member

I’ve been using my 27.2 Hilo for a few months now and it’s still going with no problems. Just FYI.

td66
    Free Member

Here is another one to add to the list, TrailDrop only 85mm drop, but only £85 posted.

A similar product was discussed here a while ago.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I did write an article after I had a little issue with squeaking/play on my Hilo 🙂

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/x-fusion-hilo-service.htm

RustyMac

It looks like X Fusion are going to be relesing a new HiLo in 2012, 27.2 model to have 100mm travel and the 30.9 and 31.6 to have 125mm travel.

Doesnt’ seem to be available any where yet though.

Rik
    Free Member

the Gravity dropper offers 4″ or 5″ of travel, but without any increments. i.e. full up or full down.

the Gravity Dropper Turbo offers 4″ or 5″ of travel in 1″ increments. and weighs approx 400gr.

No it doesn’t in 27.2 – it only offers 4″

There are no good (or any in fact) 5″ travel dropper posts for 27.2mm!!!!! 😥 that Rase thing is shite so doesn’t count.

Why don’t they make them 450mm long to provide the extra overlap for a 5″ 27.2 post???

Rik
    Free Member

Oh if they did I’d buy 2 tomorrow instantlay

stev0
    Free Member

Just ordered the TrailDrop, absolute bargain in my opinion, will be my first dropper, so will let you guys know what its like once I get it on the bike.

Rik
    Free Member

TrailDrop

drops only 85mm – hardly worth bothering….

Need 125mm minimum

thorlz
    Free Member

Was just about to order a trail drop, but….sold out already!
    I shall wait for the next batch

NormalMan

Also very tempted with one from the next batch too.

Look forward to hearing the feedback from those that got in early.

lorettocourt
    Free Member

@stev0 – wondering how you got on with the traildrop mate as the german versions are back on ebay – different badge but same thing.
    Cheers

mrbump
    Free Member

@lorettocourt
    what are they called? or can you post the link?

mrbump
    Free Member

thanks, ive been put off by that music though 🙂

NormalMan

lorettocourt – Member

@stev0
    – wondering how you got on with the traildrop mate as the german versions are back on ebay – different badge but same thing.
    Cheers

Not sure if you saw this but there was one comment in this thread just over a week ago:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/trail-drop-seat-post-any-reviews-yet

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Best 27.2 dropper seatpost’ is closed to new replies.