Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Best 26” kids bike <£500
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

My 10yr old son needs a new bike. What’s good for less than £500?

The Vitus Nucleus 26 looks good, but can’t help but think in a few months time it will be £150 cheaper

Ta

BlobOnAStick

My daughters virtually unused red Beinn 26 for, umm, say £350?

Edit: ah, I see you’re after something with a bit more capability. Well, the offer is there.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer but really want it to be a proper MTB

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Bump ?

davosaurusrex

I stuck a wanted ad on here and picked up a lovely Easton Ultralight Kona Kula HT with air Recons, SLX hydros, Stans Arch on Pro 2s, carbon raceface bars, short XT cranks, Zee mech etc. 24lbs dead and he’s delighted with it. So maybe try that?

poah
    Free Member

My 10 year old is currently inbetween sizes. 26 bikes are too big (length and reach) while his 24 NS bikes is starting to get small for him. I’m just going to wait.

weeksy

Whyte T403

fazzini

My son had a Vitus Nucleus and for the money I could not fault it.

natrix
    Free Member

Hoy Bonaly 26, one of the lightest out there.

molgrips
    Free Member

Over budget but we just got a Whyte 603 for my daughter who is 10 and about 150cm or so. Proper MTB, even the rims come taped for tubeless. I’m bloody jealous and if it weren’t too small I’d have taken it out for a damn good thrash myself!

molgrips
    Free Member

My 10 year old is currently inbetween sizes. 26 bikes are too big (length and reach) while his 24 NS bikes is starting to get small for him. I’m just going to wait.

I’ve got a nice Pinnale Kauri here which might suit…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m quite liking the Squish 26”

Reasonable weight and spec.

poah
    Free Member

I’ve got a nice Pinnale Kauri here which might suit…

he’s got a nice mk1 transition scout to grow into. he can ride it but needs some more length on his body/legs to be comfortable on it.

BearBack
    Free Member

My 9yo moves to an xs 27.5 BMC trail crew this season. Build in process.
    I’ve been looking around for 380-400mm reach 27.5 bikes and there were lots … getting one is the challenge.
    A fairly decent 2016 era specialized myka, stumpjumper,giant liv etc might be worth a look.
    Even Cube have their bikes as small as 13.5″ frames.
    The main issue with older generation xs bikes is that they still had longer cranks. Short cranks, slacksets and offset bushes are a great way to breathe life back into these bikes and improve the fit for smaller riders.
    BUT, there are some cracking off the shelf solutions available.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Best 26” kids bike <£500’ is closed to new replies.