Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Best 2019 full sus e-bike?
  • telstar50
    Free Member

With 2020 bikes coming in, any thoughts on the best 2019 e-bike to look out for in the sales?

grannyjone
    Free Member

I would say the Levo due to it’s longer battery range

GeForceJunky

Merida eOne-Sixty, I have one and a Levo and the Merida is better in most ways.

z1ppy

Levo for me, better system for me than the shimano*. More likely to get better discount in store (especially with spesch), than relying on ad’s.

*not that the shimano system is terrible

colp

Trek have recently launched their new range so you might pick up a Powerfly for reasonable money.
    I’ve got an older FS9LT and it’s awesome.

tomd
    Free Member

The one with excellent local warranty support, given you will almost certainly need it.

telstar50
    Free Member

Thanks all

chiefgrooveguru

I haven’t ridden any others but I don’t think I’d change anything about my Levo – bar a more durable drivetrain but that’s not a Specialized problem! And I am super fussy about suspension and geometry…

Gotama
    Free Member

Levo is very good and most importantly comes with a five year warranty on motor, electrics and frame. If you go that route then an Öhlins coil for the rear as and when budget allows is a huge leap in performance for the rear over the standard air suspension.

frankconway

Wait until you’ve seen this evening’s episode of The Apprentice and then buy one of their designs!

singlespeedstu

five year warranty on motor, electrics and frame

Lifetime on frame. Two on all the other stuff.

kayak23

A mate has the Focus.

I still can’t see how it can be beaten, given that you can piggyback another battery on it. As far as I know, that’ll beat the range of any single battery bike.

Beast of a thing.

chiefgrooveguru

“If you go that route then an Öhlins coil for the rear as and when budget allows is a huge leap in performance for the rear over the standard air suspension.”

Interesting! I assumed that I’d want to replace the stock shock on mine (it’s just a Deluxe RL) but something about the tune and kinematics seems ideal for me. I may change my tune when I finally get to take it somewhere properly gnarly / 2019 has been totally manic so biking has had to fit around life much more than is ideal. But it does feel very well matched to my 160mm Lyrik RC2 up front.

chiefgrooveguru

“And I am super fussy about suspension and geometry…”

My post above reminded me – disclaimer: My base Levo has a short offset 160mm Lyrik RC2 up front, so technically I’m not riding a bike with stock geometry, it’s about half a degree slacker and the short offset slows the steering so it feels slacker still.

z1ppy

kayak23 Subscriber
    A mate has the Focus. I still can’t see how it can be beaten, given that you can piggyback another battery on it. As far as I know, that’ll beat the range of any single battery bike.

Levo comes with an optional 700wH battery which matches the focus dual batteries (ok the focus as 58wh more) and IMO (again) is not as efficient with the battery as the Levo… I’ve owned both systems.
    That and as I struggled with the 500wH on a shimano bike, the 378wH single battery on the focus would have been useless to me, so I’d need the TEC pack all the time.

Gotama
    Free Member

Lifetime on frame. Two on all the other stuff.

Bah, misread the website in my haste when i was looking a while ago. Assisted replacement for five years, whatever that means.

Chiefgrooveguru…i weigh about 100kg but the difference in mid stroke support and how composed the back end is with the ohlins coil on there is incredible over the standard float dps. I have a feeling you’re south coast based so if you ever want to have a try around surrey hills just drop me a message although clearly you’d have to be there or thereabouts the same weight.

neill070
    Free Member

On the levo.you can get trailwatts booster system.bit more range if needed..great for some.goes into bottle cage

transition1
    Free Member

2019 Vitus e-sommet. Not bad parts on stock bike 4pot shimano swapped shifter & brake levers for Saints & a Smashpot conversion for forks
    plus bike is a decent geometry.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Best 2019 full sus e-bike?’ is closed to new replies.