Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Best 18650 self-contained light for use on the helmet
  • cp

As above, what’s flavour of the day 18650-powered torch type light for helmet mounting?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have a small gemini that is quite compact, and I had a small fluxient which was OK, but really the quality/colour of the light coming from my older exposure joystick is a lot better

Think it is important to match the color/temperature of your current bar light.

cp

That’s a good point actually and I was going to comment on something along those lines.  It’s to go with a secondhand MaxxD I’ve just acquired which seems warmer than a lot of Chinese lights.  I used a Fluxient mini once which was great but way to yellow compared to the light I was using on the bars at the time.  I might go with one of those as they are probably closer to the MaxxD colour temp wise, but they’re quite old now and I wondered if there was anything else out there.

BigJohn

I always order a couple of  XML T6 flashlights from DealExtreme.  For less than a tenner I’ve always been pleasantly surprised.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Wow I’m amazed some of these lights are still really expensive. I’d thought that LEDs and 18650s must be cheap as chips these days. Our ~10 quid eBay helmet lights are still going strong after several years (just weekly use in winter for most of that). I have bought new batteries and charger as the originals were a bit crap, but the lights themselves have kept going fine.

nemesis
    Free Member

Slightly different but presumably fulfilling the same requirement – I’ve found this excellent

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XVRZ1RJ?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

joebristol

I had a Torchy Tc12 (or Dc – I forget) on my helmet last winter – plenty bright enough, cheap and run time was good. Had a pretty good match for he Brite R Duo I had in the bars too.

For this year I’ve got a Moon Vortex Pro on the helmet that I got in a half price sale – running with their go pro mount. On the bars I’ve got a Ryder Alumia 1600. Used them both a couple of times at dusk so far and they’re plenty bright enough and not a bad match. They’re not yellow like last years lights but they aren’t the too bluey white like my Torchy bk 6ix.

damascus
    Free Member

I just buy cree t6 torches. They are around £5 from a UK seller on ebay. They always seem to be bright enough and last well. I bought 2 thinking that when they break ill just use parts from the spare to keep it going but it still works.

I buy quality batteries and charges from torchy on ebay. Avoid the torches that come with a battery and charger.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Best 18650 self-contained light for use on the helmet’ is closed to new replies.