Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Best 14" full suspension? Trek Lush or Specialized Rumour?
  • ce75
    Free Member

Help please – I want to buy a full suspension bike for anything up to £1600 and need a 14″ frame (only 5’4″!). I am looking at the Trek Lush 27.5 and Specialized Rumour FSR 2016 but am struggling to find a shop with them in stock or any decent reviews. Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) of either or any advice of other bikes I should be considering. They don’t have to be female specific but do need to be a small frame so suspect that rules out men’s bikes? husband tells me to avoid 29ers??

Its a long while since I have done any proper biking so need something that will build confidence on trails and cross country and flatter my lack of skills! I am never going to be a downhill junkie! I used to have a Marin East Peak years ago which I loved.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I guess it depends what you want.

I am currently bike shopping but finding there is so much out there I have no clue. Do you have a current bike? what is it? Do you like it? Frame size will vary hugely from each manufacturer. why is he saying to avoid 29ers? other than they generally look awful on smaller bikes.

I have been looking at Giant Liv Intrigue but you might not want something with that much suspension. I have no knowledge of either of the bikes you have mentioned so can’t help there. Sorry.

johnw1984
    Free Member

My Wife is 5’2″ and rides a 16″ Cube Sting WLS 140. Seems to be spot on for her height, but wouldn’t want to go any bigger.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cinnamon_girl

Don’t discount larger sized men’s frames. I’m an inch taller than you and all mine are men’s. Don’t rule out a hardtail either.

ahwiles
    Free Member

My perfectly formed 5foot wife has a Xs Liv Lust, 100mm travel. It seems that Giant have decided that xs bikes are now wrapped up in their women’s specific brand…

(they do a 120mm bike, but I forget it’s name. Both 650b’ers)

It’s quite possible that at 5’4″ you’d be better off on a ‘small’)

ce75
    Free Member

Thanks, definitely another couple to have a look at. I have a knackered hardtail that is a medium ladies which I suspect is a 16″ and it feels too big and I much prefer the full suspension

cinnamon_girl

Would be worth comparing weights of both full suss and hardtails.

igm

My 5’4″ wife rides a 16″ Alpine 160 26er. She had a 14″ Five Diva before that and the 16″ is a far better fit.

You need to try before you buy. And fit is more important than the “best” suspension.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

AHwiles I think you’re thinking of the Giant Liv Intrigue which is what I have been looking at.

I want a lightweight FS . . . but needs to have a slack head angle which is why I like the look of the Intrigue.

cinnamon_girl

The Trek Lush in a 15.5 size weighs in at 14kg which is pretty hefty imo obviously.

cinnamon_girl

Worth taking a look at the Scott Spark, lighter than the Trek and quite a good spec.

iridebikes
    Free Member

My gf rode the lush, and found it uninspiring, but it was the 2015 Base model. She’s 5 foot 3 and the smallest size they had was too small. She also rode the Scott spark in a small and really liked it. In the end she bought a small 2014 rumor with 29 inch wheels. She finds the bigger wheels confidence inspiring, and it was a very very good price. Personally I think any of these bikes are very good and will not dissapoint. I think canyon and/or rose also make women’s bikes that look good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Best 14" full suspension? Trek Lush or Specialized Rumour?’ is closed to new replies.