Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Best £100 WiFi and Bluetooth portable speaker?
  • ElShalimo
    Free Member

My teenage nephew wants a WiFi & BT portable speaker for Xmas and his Mum has asked me to help her find one.

Must work on WiFi and BT, have a battery for taking places etc..

Any recommendations?

I would say AudioPro but they cost double the budget

woody2000

Sonos roam?

captain_bastard

Stretch the budget a bit and get a minirig. Yet to find anything that sounds better, battery lasts ages, and made in Bristol. What’s not to like?

winerwalker

Outdoor cafe near me has an Ultimate Ears little speaker thingy sitting in a flower pot. Weatherproof and sounds far better than its size, not heard it indoors though. It might be Bluetooth only though.

ElShalimo
    Free Member

Thanks so far

budget is £100 max

Out of interest, what’s it going to do on WiFi that it can’t do from the phone that’s probably glued to his hand 99% of the time?

For that money, you can’t go far wrong with the best JBL that your budget will stretch to – unfortunately that doesn’t quite get you an Xtreme 2. I’ve got one, my daughter’s got one, they are great speakers. I use mine as mini soundbar under the TV in the caravan and it’s brilliant. Kool wiv da kidz too innit

redmex
    Free Member

My Anker soundcare boost at only 7 &1/2 x 2& 1/2 x 2&1/2 sounds great for its size, probably not fill a room but outdoors at work it’s spot on

burntembers

I know you said £100 max but this seems a good price at £107

https://www.fenwick.co.uk/home-and-tech/audio-and-tech/audio/speakers/roam-sl-portable-speaker/2530021945717.html

ElShalimo
    Free Member

Thanks

poolman
    Free Member

Audio pro have bf deals on but not sure if they ship to uk any more.

chakaping
    Free Member

Under budget and I’ve no idea if it has wi-fi connectivity (or what he’d want that for?), but I’ve had a couple of JBL Flips and they’ve been superb.

ElShalimo
    Free Member

I don’t get the WiFi thing either

he’s 14, who knows what he’s thinking 🤔

branes

Sonos Roam SL seems to be £120 almost everywhere. Over budget I know, but it’s one of those things you won’t regret imo.

ElShalimo
    Free Member

Cheers I’ve passed on the recommendations to my sister in law

easily
    Free Member

It’s outside your budget, but I have to rec it anyway. Spend the extra, you won’t regret it:

https://minirigs.co.uk/speakers/bluetooth-minirig-3

It’s got a tenner off for black Friday

downshift

We’ve got a Marshall Emberton, lovely little thing which sounds great and has a fairly epic battery life.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.