Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Berwick upon Tweed – any decent riding to be had?
  • el_boufador

Hi all,
    I’m up there for a few days next week staying in the town.
    Ideally I’d make my way further up the tweed valley for some enduro antics, but it’s a Family half term break so I can’t be buggering off out for ages unfortunately.

But I may have chance to squeeze a couple of short local (2 ish hrs) rides in.

Looking at the map it’s fairly devoid of trails and elevation so thinking road and/or gravel may be the only possible options?

Any decent routes around worth bothering with?
    If it’s not amazing (map doesn’t look particularly promising) I might go running instead.

donald
    Free Member

Penmanshiel?

tuboflard

Don’t know anything about the riding but the food and beer in Atelier are great.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steve2910
    Free Member

+1 Penmanshiel 20 mins up the A1

didnthurt

+ 2 Penmanshiel, it’s steep though (for my abilities).

brads
    Free Member

Penmanshiel
    Some pretty gnar gnar up there and it’s on the doorstep

Oooh and Thrunton at Alnwick, that’s fun

didnthurt

There is plenty of great road and gravel cycling with the Lammermuirs, Southern Upland Way and John Muir Way (relatively) near by.

el_boufador

Smashing – thanks! Will look into those options

wheelsonfire1

Beer at The Curfew, The Barrels and Bear Claw Brewery. The Sandstone Way ends in Berwick, there’s plenty of quiet road routes but chill out and enjoy all the history (and beer) available. The beach at Spittal with your children followed by fish and chips from Foulis, or, the lovely sit in chip shop on West Street, a step back in time and delicious! Forget your bike, plenty to see and enjoy!

jimmy748

Penmanshiel has some great runs or you can ride up to St Abb’s and then follow the coastal path back to Eyemouth. Bit of hike a bike in some places, but amazing scenery.

https://strava.app.link/2D9btsyRrkb

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Berwick upon Tweed – any decent riding to be had?’ is closed to new replies.