BerlingoTrackWorld

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BerlingoTrackWorld
  • Premier Icon slowoldgit

OK, the brochure says the second row of seats will come out, the manual agrees. Fold, tilt and lift: it sounds easy. Is it a matter of weight-lifter style heave with sweating and swearing? I didn’t want to lift too hard, for fear of damaging the seat, or more likely my back.

trail_rat

What model age and spec

Not all are quick release – some are bolted in

Premier Icon slowoldgit

This years, basic petrol, and I trusted the brochure, and checked with the salesman.

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

Tilt slightly back towards the rear of the car (maybe 10 degrees), then they just lift out (current model Peugeot Partner Tepee which should be the same).
    They are fairly heavy – the double is a bit much for me on my own up 36 steps.

(Edit: there was a lot of confusion about this when I bought mine – most dealers said they didn’t come out – I had to drive down and do it myself to be sure)

Premier Icon slowoldgit

Thanks, it’s always a disappointment when you go to pick the salesman’s brain, and find he doesn’t have one.

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

Did it work?

Premier Icon slowoldgit

The salesman’s brain? Not enough data.

Will go outside and wrestle with the seat shortly.

(edit) Yes thanks, the tilt back ten degrees or so is the critical bit. My back is particularly grateful.

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

Cool – I guess it’s a safety thing so that they’re still fixed in while driving

Premier Icon slowoldgit

Yes, won’t happen while they’re locked down, and they have to be at the right angle and moved in the right direction.

So for anyone else, fold the back of the seat down, forwards. Release the seat with the little lever at the back. Tilt the seat forward as far as it goes. Then tilt backwards about ten degrees. Lifts out easily.

A million monkeys could also suss it.

Premier Icon db
    Subscriber

They are not light! Mine are 60/40 split and the 60 part weighs a load and is very difficult to lift out! (or I could just be weak)

avdave2

The Berlingo Kangoo Doblo etc owners might like this link

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BerlingoTrackWorld’ is closed to new replies.