Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Berlingo passenger vehicle with “four wheel drive”
  • lotto
    Free Member

Which model is it that has the intelligent grip bobbins that kind of makes it four wheel drive when required? Mrs is in the market for a new (second hand) car.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You have  the kangoo trekka . Which is getting a bit long in tooth.

There were some dangel berlingos/partners done but iirc not many were right hookers.

The new thing is the 2wd trek with a limited slip differential gubbins in the gearbox which are proving both popular and successful with rural posties.

With winter tires on and the increased ride height in the outdoor model even the regular  2wd is pretty capible. I find that ground clearance is more of an issue than grip. Been running berlingos or derivatives for 10 years now.

lotto
    Free Member

Yes the limited slip differential model is what I am after. What models have this?

lotto
    Free Member

Do the rear seats fold forward on all Berlingos allowing one full 29er to be swallowed?

db

XTR?  But I think the grip control is an option on the new ones (little dial which adjusts the traction control)

trail_rat
    Free Member

grip control is not the same as the LSD

but is pretty capible non the less.

The LSD is in the Trek models – which also has a 20cm extra ground clearance and bash plates underneath – which also help snow not build up into the pulleys and such like on the engine. BUT and its a big but – i think its only availible on vans ?

The berlingo XTR and partner outdoor models have 3 individually foldable or removable seats (as in designed removable not unbolt) , the lower spec ones have a 60/40 split seat that needs unbolted.

ours takes both a large and small 29er. for 2 enduro bikes i need to take the wheel off one. as theres not enough room for the handlebars to reside at the same height.

if looking at new new , i think dangel are involved for the new rifter which looks both the tits and a little offputting at the same time. very bling bling.

mick_r

30mm not 20cm increased ride height 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

sorry your right its 20cm total not 20cm extra . monster TRUCK

Clink

Grip Control is available on both new vans and cars (Rifter, Berlingo and Vauxhall Combo).  Van also available in crew model with increased ride height, different tyres and under floor protection.

trail_rat
    Free Member

fyi just checked the book on mine – the outdoor has a 10mm ride height lift , as mick says the trek has 30mm.

also be aware although as of 2015 all the outdoors were supposed to have grip control – mines didnt. It looks like it was only the newer Bluehdi models that came with it , prior to that it was an option. I just have bog me down ESP how ever with nokian winters on its never been an issue as the wheels have not let go even through the beast from the east.

with the stock michelin primacys a damp cold road has it bogging down as you try to make a get away from a hill start junction.

Brown
    Free Member

The LSD vans have been around for a while on the xtr+ model (also raised, plates underneath, winter tyres as standard etc). I have one in my 11 plate van. I’m not sure it does much other than make the steering go a bit weird on roundabouts to be honest. I’ve still got it stuck in plenty of fields.

VW do a 4motion caddy with 4wd that should kick in when needed. No extra clearance or anything though.

Clink

VW do a 4motion caddy with 4wd that should kick in when needed. No extra clearance or anything though

Do they?  From research they do 4motion Transporters in UK, but not Caddys (available in Europe of course!!).

TheBrick
    Free Member

Doesn’t supprise me. We are more interested in 4×4 for show rather than utility.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Berlingo passenger vehicle with “four wheel drive”’ is closed to new replies.