Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Berlingo / Partner owners
  • colwyn58
    Free Member

Hi,

With regard to the MPV versions can you fit bikes in the back with wheels on (and seats down obviously!). Am looking for a van with seats and windows to occasionally take passengers but main use will be for two people/two bikes – bikes will be medium mens and mdium womens.

Help and opinions greatly appreciated – if two can go in with wheels on that would be amazing!

druidh
    Free Member

Remember that the old-style Berlingo/Partners are classed as modified vans and, as such, are subject to lower speed limits. Have a look at a Multipla also.

teagirl
    Free Member

I've got a Partner going spare if interested. Can fit more bikes into the Sharan! Live near Skipton and it's 52 plate. Great for bikes, camping and climbing (apparently)

grumm
    Free Member

How many miles has it done/how much? Ta.

colwyn58
    Free Member

I would be am based down south…

colwyn58
    Free Member

grumm – assume the pic with 2 bikes in is just seats down and not removed?

teagirl
    Free Member

Done about 80,000, diesel, took it off the road last Nov. as experiment to see if we needed 2 cars, we don't so best offer.

grumm
    Free Member

colwyn it's not my pic but I think it's just with the seats down.

Thanks teagirl – probably looking for one that's done a few less miles.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Perhaps try having a look at a Pug Expert/Cit Dispatch/Fiat Scudo… I have a Scudo with the seats in the back(they can be taken out) and just got back from a mad trip around Italy, France and Austria/Germany. Absolutely no probs and we got pretty good MPG(40+) at 80+ miles an hour. The van has all mod cons(air con, electric windows etc). Hope this helps.

aP
    Free Member

When we had a 51 plate multispace we easily got 2 bikes with front wheels out with one back seat down leaving a lot of room for stuff, our tandem went in easily as well. The new ones are bigger so could allow even more stuff inside.

twinklydave

My 2001 berlingo can happily fit a 29er and a cross bike in the back with no wheel removal (just the car seats folded forward) and acres of space for kit

recently managed (with the wheels off) 3 bikes, 3 people, camping kit for all 3, enough race kit for running/mtbing/kaykaking (minus the boats, obviously) and still had a bit of space left

MrGrim

Might also be worthwhile checking out a VX Combo Crew van. Its car derived, fits 5 adults with the seats up. Loads of room and nippy. Mine was 3 years old, 22,000 miles, privately owned. 3,700 no vat.

DickBarton

Woohoo, my pic is used again! 😉

Yes the seat was folded away, basically the back folds forward and the seat then folds forward – with the seat in that position you loose approx. 6" of space in the rear, but all that means is that complete bikes sit slightly sideways (as shown in the picture).

It's fine for carting bikes, I've had 3 bikes (1 with front wheel off), 3 bodies and a week's worth of kit in mine…and it was comfy.

Very good machine.

epicyclo

Renault Espace is very flexible. I carry 3 complete bikes in mine with just 2 seats folded.

steveh

Druid aren't the partner/berlingo below the weight limit for good vehicle speed limits and classed as car derived vans?

Look at vauxhall combo crew cabs as well. Been a couple of threads on here about them recently, friend of mine had one and liked it until it got killed in the big sheffield floods. Ex post office ones are cheap too.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

IMO the Berlngo is perfect biking transport. You can get two bikes & 3 people in without having to remove the wheels. The back is hardwearing vinyl and cleans up easily. I have the one with all the roof cubby holes, so it's a mobile shed as i keep most of my equipment in it permanently. Also the tailgate doubles up as an excellent shelter.
    I've had 5 bikes & equipment for 2 guys for 4 days in mine and still didn't need to fold down the rear single seat.

I'm thinking of selling it as I don't need a car anymore. 55 plate, 1 owner ,1.6hdi, 30k, FCSH, Darkened windows in rear section, loads of cubby holes etc.

grumm
    Free Member

lobby_dosser how much are you after/where are you?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Hi ,grumm £4.5k and in Glasgow

takisawa2

I saw a new Berlingo the other day.
    I think it looks quite good.
    Reminds me of the Talbot Rancho…

richc
    Free Member

The new berlingo looks a lot less of a pope mobile doesn't it.

colwyn58
    Free Member

looks pretty trendy!

terrahawk
    Free Member

I remember when my teenage lad saw Twinklydave's Berlingo and he said, 'Is Dave a disabled?'

lol.

richc
    Free Member

LoL

terrahawk
    Free Member

it does kick the shite out of my Golf when it comes to lugging camping and biking gear though.

midgebait
    Free Member

Got one of the new Berlingo xtr's and it's fab. With the rear seats removed it's big enough for two and a dog to sleep in but I can still do 50mpg for commuting. Being a Citroen I'm pleasantly surprised that I've only had to refit three pieces of internal trim and I've not had any French-style electrical failures so reliability looking ok at 12k miles.

Bit of a pleasant change from squeezing two bikes in the back of a Fiesta. Like a Fiesta it's also pretty cheap too.

colwyn58
    Free Member

On a boring/practical note can anyone tell me the measurement from the back of the front seats to the back door – want to work out if a snowboard bag will fit in with seats down!

twinklydave

if it's one of the ones the aa tested all the measurements are on their site:

clicky

colwyn58
    Free Member

link doesn't appear to work and couldn't see it on their site?

midgebait
    Free Member

If it's one of the new ones there's an internal roof rack which is designed to hold skis/ snowboards (also handy for the guitar).

twinklydave

damn it all!

the old berlingo test has got the dimensions for the pre-facelift shape

IA

I've a new shape berlingo and it's ace. 3 bikes wheels all on, and 3 people, no bother. Do it all the time.

colwyn58
    Free Member

can only afford the older ones…!

colwyn58
    Free Member

Thanks for the link – according to that it only measures 131cm from driver seat to boot which sounds pretty short??

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

It's about 185cm on my old shape one.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

colwyn i've had a couple of snowboard bags, 3 sets of luggage & a set of skis in the back of mine.

DickBarton

The Berlingo Multispace (the car version) doesn't need to comply with the van rules as it is classed as a car…

The new Berlingo is slightly longer (as it is based on a C4 floorplan) and should make loading bikes straight no prob at all. I think the internal roof bars are on the XTR as standard (I think) and optional on other models. I think it is also slightly wider.

I'm going for a new model one when I trade the Bravo in next year…

colwyn58
    Free Member

Thanks troutwrestler – just what I was looking for, what does the 131cm refer to in the AA thing?!

Really silly question now… Is the Partner the same size inside with seats down etc… as the Berlingo? Only asking as looking at a Partner and all the above comments seem to refer to Berlingo's. I know it's essentially the same car but hoping there's not some odd design quirk that makes it smaller?!

DickBarton

It is the same car, just badged by a different company…the Pug costs more but has a few 'extras' – a passenger airbag is standard (and isn't on the Berlingo) – this is for the old style model. You pay a lot more for the Pug but it is th same vehicle…the picture with my 2 bikes in it is taken with them in a Partner…but everything dimension-wise was the same as the Berlingo.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Berlingo / Partner owners’ is closed to new replies.