Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Berlingo is off colour – what to try.
  • kayak23

My 2002 Berlingo has been a bit ill for a while now sadly.

I’m getting a lot of misfire happening in low revs, often pulling away or if I’m a bit lazy giving it the beans into the next gear.

One day about a month ago, it got really bad and changed from intermittent to constant running with a misfire, shaking and generally only running on 3 or less.

I changed the coil pack and plugs to new replacements and it was instantly back to its happy self.

But slowly the misfire has started to creep back and is getting worse again.

The first time, when it got real bad I had the AA out who advised the coil pack and plugs and I had an engine light/code generated.

This time, no engine light, just poor running.

So any car whisperers have any tips what to try next to rule things out?

Cheers 👊

jamesoz

Did you also change the HT leads? Pull the plugs out and take a look at them.

kayak23

I didn’t no, but then I don’t think it has HT leads in the traditional sense? The coil pack is a kind of sealed unit that bolts down directly over the four spark plugs and makes contact like that. There are no leads as such.

I looked at the old plugs while changing them. The colour seemed fairly good but the electrodes seemed a little worn.

Apologies if I’m being a thicko.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Bit of an out there idea. But my gf’s 206 had a crappy low air intake and the whole air system filled with water. Symptoms very similar to this.

kayak23

Thanks Chrisdw. Nothing is out there just now. I’ll check it out too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Berlingo is off colour – what to try.’ is closed to new replies.