Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Berlin Advice
  • jambourgie
    Free Member

I’m in Berlin at the end of the month celebrating a significant birthday.

Any tips on what to do, must see? Not been before, only thing planned so far is a club at the weekend (berghain) Also, any recommendations on cheap accommodation would be great.

Fanx!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

What do you enjoy doing? Help us out…

jambourgie
    Free Member

Ah, ok. I like walking around, looking at cool architecture, historical shizz, parks etc, good clubs/music bars.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Zoo.
    Pergamon museum.
    Sachsenhausen.
    Its a wandery city don’t miss just looking around.

one_bad_mofo

It’s been a few years since I was last there, but the Bauhaus museum is definitely worth a visit.

SaxonRider

I like walking around, looking at cool architecture, historical shizz, parks etc, good clubs/music bars.

In which case, I would make Alexanderplatz my starting point, and just meander in the direction of the Brandenburg Tor, stopping by the Rotes Rathaus, Nikolaikirche, the Berliner Dom, the museum quarter, on the way to Unter den Linden.

You will cross Friedrichstrasse, which you will want to turn down as part of a detour, as well as seeing more stuff than you can possibly stop at.

My favourite city in the world. Have fun.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

http://brewersberlintours.com

As recommended on STW.

trail_rat
    Free Member

nothing to add other than good luck getting into Berghain.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Brandenburg gate would be favourite in terms of architecture
    the wall is a grim reminder of a not too distant past
    Postdammerplazt is a fine example of modern architecture.

berln has a really good tram/ train system ,if you master that you can get anywhere with ease.

sadmadalan

I been twice and did a walking tour on each – great way to see the city. I used Insider Tours – and also used them for Sachenhausen. But it is a great city to wander around

voodoo_chile

Hackesher and Rosenthaler area is nice to frequent of a night
    Jewish museum by kreuzberg
    Checkpoint Charlie
    Templehof field
    Museum island
    Hertha Berlin stadium tour
    Hitler’s bunker behind the mall of berlin

Great place just to walk round ,nice people good vibes

benp1

I went to Berlin on a stag do. Tried Berghain on two consecutive nights, no chance getting in! Loads getting turned away

Thought we looked too conventional on the first night so my mate and I help hands on the second night… :D… Still didn’t work! Hilarious

Rent a bike and have a cycle around, it’s a nice place. Watch out for trams, tram lines and less german efficiency than I’d thought

Had a few good nights but can’t remember where they were!

john_l
    Free Member

Technik Design Museum for planes, trains and automobiles, followed by beer and food at BRLO.

jambourgie
    Free Member

All good stuff. Thanks chaps!

Any accommodation tips? Just need a base really, don’t plan on using it much 🙂

wallop

Apparently getting around by bike is awesome.

gummikuh

We stayed here, highly recommended.
    https://www.circus-berlin.de/

benp1

If it were me then I’d just AirBnB it. No way was I risking that on a stag do, but for a normal trip it’s probably the best/nicest/cheapest option!

smett72

Stayed here about 3 years ago for 2 nights.

Berlin Mitte – Generator Hostel

No frills, but was very clean, cheap and conveniently placed (close to the city centre and the trams run down the street outside).

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Berlin Advice’ is closed to new replies.