Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ben Nevis or Glen Nevis? 🏕
  • dufresneorama
    Free Member

Looking to spend a week camping in the Fort William area in September but not sure which site we should pick…

Taking the big tent with electric hookup. Will be generally exploring the area, about half the days will be spent up the hills.

We don’t have kids and it looks like we miss any school holidays.

Any one site better than the other?

Cheers

scotroutes

I’ve used the Glen Nevis site many times and like it a lot. Handy pub nearby for food and drink too.

Which is the Ben Nevis site?

DickBarton

Just spent the weekend in Ben Nevis Holiday Park (next to the Lochaber High School) – with an electric pitch. Was pleasant – the toilet/shower block has just been renovated and is very nice – we didn’t use any of the other on-site stuff (think the cafe is still being built).

I did price up the Glen Nevis site as stayed there before and thought it was really nice. It was about ÂŁ30 more expensive for the same 2 nights.

I think the Glen Nevis is a more scenic site (and does have cafe/restaurant on-site) but both are very good.

Both are good sites and decent location…Glen Nevis is probably closer to the hills.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Which is the Ben Nevis site?

I think it’s the one behind the school, just off the Mallaig road.

gordimhor

Glen Nevis is the prettier site and out of the town.
    Ben Nevis site is effectively in town. It has a Farmfoods nearby which might be handy.
    There’s often long traffic jams in the late afternoon which will affect you more in the Ben Nevis site than the Glen Nevis site.

jimmy

I’ve stayed in Glen Nevis and have fond memories of it. Nice site, out of town, 10min stroll to the pub – just nice.

jeffl

Glen Nevis is a lovely place. Nice walk along the lower falls as well.

danger

rents
    Free Member

we camped at Glen nevis this weekend. It was great. The pub/restaurant near the site is good too. We will be going back to explore more.

csb

Look at that blatant risk taking by Jeffl’s better half. Brilliant. My kid’s would be absolutely made up to adventure beyond such a sign!

fatoldgit

I’ve used Glen Nevis in the past and won’t hesitate to use it again.
    Would also highly recommend walking from the car park right at the end of the road up Glen Nevis, takes you round a bend over some falls and into a stunning “hidden” valley, you could easily spend a day up there

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. I’ve let the wife read the replies and it looks like Glen Nevis is the winner 🥇!

tjagain

Iirc glen nevis has some semi tame pine Martins who will come close to get peanuts

gavstorie
    Free Member

Glen Nevis is good. Been there twice in the last couple of months. Facilities are good and the food from the onsite snack van is really good.. although a bit expensive. To be expected I guess.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.