Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Belt drive alignment
  • kevs
    Free Member

Evening all,

I have (well the kids) two early rider seeker x16, first proper use today and one of the belts keeps moving sideways on the chainring (belt ring?!) and getting stuck on top of the larger teeth that look like they’re meant as a guide.

I’m guessing the rear wheel is slightly pissed to one side but I can’t replicate it by hand, only when it’s being pedalled under load.

How tight should a belt be? And moving the rear wheel which way would move the belt which way? I’m guessing drive side forward would move the belt outwards and vice versa?

oceanskipper

I would take it back to where you bought it. Sounds like something might be bent…

DrP

We used to have this on our early rider belter…
    if it’s moving along the sprocket INBOUND, just move the drive side axlenut forward a mm and try again. There’s a sweetspot to find.
    Also, the belt needs to be tight, but a bit ‘bouncy’..not uber tight.
    I found even in the sweet tension, it’s HARDER to backpedal than a chained bike..

DrP

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kevs
    Free Member

Thanks, I was going to ring them but they’re shut til the 4th. I’ve adjusted it like you’ve said but I reckon now the belts a bit loose as it isn’t tight, I’ll adjust it up again and take tools with us today to try and find the sweet spot.

👍

kevs
    Free Member

Thanks DRp, all seems to be sorted now I’ve moved the drive side forward a touch!

ChrisA
    Free Member

We’ve got two early riders & the belt tension can be a bit of a pain until you’re used to it. Even if you set the dropout adjusters, the rear wheel will tighten the belt & move when you tighten the wheel screws unless you hold it all steady.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Belt drive alignment’ is closed to new replies.