Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Bell Super
  • townydc
    Free Member

Just ordered a Black And White star, any one use one of these, what are they like.
    Like the style and looks.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I have one, still undecided about the fit, may need to look at the pads again. Only got it a month ago so no idea how hot it will be in summer.

jes
    Free Member

Nice, you will be happy, as good fitting as a Fox Flux but not as good air flow.

p7rich
    Free Member

I got one for nowt after smashing my Feature. I’ve had it a few months but not really got on with it very well. Gives me headaches when it presses on my skull in the wrong places. Just ordered another Feature.

townydc
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a medium and a large to compare the sizes, currently use a 661 recon which has always seemed a bit bulbous.

proutster
    Free Member

First ride today with my medium, feels very secure and I like the extra coverage compared to my previous 661 Recon.

Fit seems very good too.

Bestest Xmas pressure from Miss P, Bright Green though so I’d better up my game – will perhaps go for the whole retard enduro look on Sunday’s ride with some goggles for the downs……

townydc
    Free Member

Prouster, what size was your recon?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Had mine a while now. great helmet, sits so comfortably on my head you hardly know you’re wearing it, looks great with the go faster stripe too and I really like the length of adjustment on the visor. One disappointment is the goggle guides aren’t compatible with the visor, you have to run one or the other. I just run the visor and it slides back far enough for the goggles to sit below it when they’re not over your eyes and my straps stay in place anyway. I also struggle to mount my night light to it which is a pain but I just leave my light permanently attached to my old urge helmet and use it as a specific night ride lid!

Euro
    Free Member

I’ve a big ride in the mountains tomorrow to try out my new Super. Running about the house (like you do 😀 ) it seems to fit pretty well (M). Potentially agree with jaffe re: the mounting of a light as my initial bodge, although rigid enough, would likely wobble about on the trails and as it’s brand spanking i’m reluctant plaster it in tape and zip ties.

stewartc
    Free Member

Had one for 6 months and loved it, well ventilated and good with goggles when needed.
    Gone to an IXS Trail now though as the popper that holds the right hand side of the internal head band (sorry, don’t know the terminology) gave up the ghost and would not secure.I also lost one of the visor bolts withing the first few weeks and could never buy a replacement (5mm bolts did the job), recommend a little loctite on them.
    The Trail seems to be doing a fine job though its a little tight on the nose with goggles.

townydc
    Free Member

The IXS Trail was my other choice if I couldn’t get a Bell in my size and the style I wanted, liked both of them but decided to opt for the Bell.

z1ppy

Like my Bell a lot had it 5 months, fits really really well round my head, not the lightest, but I like the coverage and a properly adjustable visor. The vents work fine, maybe not as well as some others but I can live with it (run from late July-Aug-Sept[?] warmer period of this year)
    Though I’ve killed both plastic screws & zyro want £7 for a new pair. LBS offered to return it to see if they’d warranty it, but that seems silly for just some plastic bolts, so I’ve just got a metal one instead.
    My badger (skunk) go faster stripe is awesomeeee!

Euro
    Free Member

A few things struck me after today’s ride. The helmet is very comfy and much lighter than the no-name lid i had previously. I gave the peak screws an extra tighten after reading about the them coming loose and had no issues despite taking it down some extremely lumpy DH trails. Protection looks good but not tested. It gave me the best helmet hair eva! but i don’t know if that’s a good thing or not.

z1ppy

Tightening is not the answer Euro, as mine didn’t fall out, I had thread locked them in (low strength), they both split in the middle, leaving half the thread still in place. I replaced that with a metal washed & bolt, after clearing the remains of the old one out, which has held the visor in place even after the 2nd plastic bolt split.
    My opinion is use a low strength threadlock and only tighten the plastic bolts up just enough to stop the visor moving, as I believe the flex in the visor cause the plastic bolts to ‘pop’.

townydc
    Free Member

well the new lid(s) have arrived and I’m in a bit of a size dilemma
    my noggin is about 59cm diameter which is on the tail end of the medium and the beginning on the large,
    the medium fits ok but then again the large fits with a bit of tightening of the adjuster but does sit alot lower
    will the pads soften up on the lid after a few rides, i don’t want to feel like I’m riding with a gold fish bowl on my head.
    anyone else have the same size head and what size did you choose?

trawled through the web and lots of sites say the bell super comes up large and many have opted for a medium.

rocketman
    Free Member

I have the same issue with Giro Feature. My head is 62cm which should put me firmly in size L but in practice the helmet sits quite low and there is some adjustment left in the retention system. I also have the same helmet in a size Medium which fits but in a different kind of way. The retention system is maxed out and moved one or two notches down at the back but compared to the size L, there is more of my head in contact with the actual helmet which I think is a good thing.

There’s no room for a buff or anything underneath the M and I know when I need a haircut but I think the M is a better fit whereas the L is more like a hat than a helmet.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I have a 59cm diameter bonce and I’ve got a medium Super. Fits perfectly

MadPierre

I’m 59cm and medium fits me fine

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just ordered…one of these..what are they like.

Do people really order things and THEN ask what they’re like? Especially something like a helmet where fit is so vital?

townydc
    Free Member

Do people really order things and THEN ask what they’re like? Especially something like a helmet where fit is so vital?

Yep,but i ordered a large and a medium so I could decide which was the right size. The decision to buy one was never in doubt as they have good reviews, just after opinions as to whether with my in between head size I would be better in the long run having a medium or large.

townydc
    Free Member

Decided on the medium, now just gotta work out how to fix my Ultrafire 502B light to the top, anyone with this lid have any tips?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

IXS trail for the win 8)

townydc
    Free Member

Thanks Chunky, used an old inner tube with a cut out through the middle to strap it on the 661 recon but the contour on the Super is alot smoother and it doesn’t quite work. Will try and adapt the go pro bracket possibly.

z1ppy

I’m not using that kind of torch any more but I have the Twofish Bikeblock Torch mount (3rd down) fitted to my Super, as a guide for my head torchs cable. I used the same mount previously on my Xen, to hold the back of my torch and supported/propped the front up with a piece of foam, and zip-tied it down to the helmet that for stability (I assume this would work on the Super).

townydc
    Free Member

Thanks z1ppy, seen something like that at my lbs, I’ll check one out.

fathomer

ChunkyMTB – Member
    IXS trail for the win 8)

Personally think it’s the best looking helmet at the minute buyt the fit was so bad it hurt on my head 🙁

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Bell Super’ is closed to new replies.