Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Bell Super Visor Bolt
  • stewartc
    Free Member

Managed to lose one over the weekend, and although I have sent an email off to Bell support to see if they can help, does anyone know if these are standard design or manufacturer specific?
    Thinking of maybe buying some Giro or Urg ones from CRC though they don’t mention the bolt size, the Bell Super’s look like around M4/M5 x 10, just wondering if this is typical and I take a punt at ordering some.

rocketman
    Free Member

Can I ask where you got your Super from and is it any good?

Pukeko
    Free Member

Rocketman +1. I’m also interested it how you find it…

z1ppy

(Where not wot) WTF did you buy the helmet from?
    No UK sites have them as stock, even madison couldn’t say when they might appear. I’ve seen them on german m/o sites, but I don’t want to open an account, order it and then have them say (as per UK suppliers) it’s not actually in stock…

Oh & talk to Madison for spares, they might not be so completely useless now be able to help as the UK distributer

[EDIT] I see I’m not alone 😕

stewartc
    Free Member

Bought it from a stall at an MTB Park in Japan late last month, there was a DH contest on with lots of local traders pitched up amongst the pit crews etc, that’s where I saw the Bell super and thought, why not as it only cost around 85GBP.
    Incidentally, its good, lots of ventilations (even in HK heat), comfortable and a revelation wearing with goggles, highly recommended.

Live in Hong Kong so UK dealers may not be much use to me (although they may be better than the local guys here), however I noticed that CRC did have some helmet spares so thought I would ask if they are all the same?

z1ppy

…. Madison now say they no longer distribute for Bell or Giro.
    Doh!

singlespeedstu

Aren’t Hotlines or someone now bringing in Bell?

I gave up waiting and got a poc instead.

stewartc
    Free Member

So, anyone know if these bolts are standardized, guessing most of them are made in them same factory?

kayak23

Stewartc, did you get a reply from Bell in the end or a source for bolts? One of mine sheared at the weekend… 👿

widge34
    Free Member

Fatbirds have Smalls and large if thats anygood to you £80. I bought mine from them a month ago for £74

thetallpaul
    Free Member

I managed to buy a Super from Tweaks in Wrexham for ~£80 about 3 weeks ago.

rOcKeTdOg

Two wheels in Stourbridge had large ones a few weeks ago, I tried one on, horrible!

stewartc
    Free Member

Kayak, nowt, just some waffle about it being a new product and it takes time to make parts available.
    In the meantime an M5x12 Bolt is doing the job.

Enjoying mine, I ride in high temperature and humidity and the venting is very effective, and being able to ride with goggles is proving to be very useful.
    Highly recommend it though its a bit tight at the side when choosing to wear glasses.

kayak23

stewartc – Member

Kayak, nowt, just some waffle about it being a new product and it takes time to make parts available.
    In the meantime an M5x12 Bolt is doing the job

Cheers blud.
    Yeah I’ve had to make do with an ordinary M5 bolt.
    It’s my own fault though. After you started this thread about losing yours, I decided to Loctite mine in. It sheared when I needed to slacken it… 😳
    All sorted now though. I’ll get some posh visor bolts when I have the cash/inclination.

stewartc
    Free Member

Plan to just keep the M5 in place as it works, may get some novelty deer tusks made up with M5 studs for the Christmas ride as well 😉

widge34
    Free Member

I find the forehead vents quite effective, and the venting is very good.

z1ppy

I decided to Loctite mine in. It sheared when I needed to slacken it

Yep I put low tension locktite on mine and one managed to shear off when I was fitting my helmet light (pushing the visor around??). Had to drill it out, plastic so no hardship, and have replaced it with a bolt..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Bell Super Visor Bolt’ is closed to new replies.