Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Bell Super or TLD A1
  • discoduck
    Free Member

Bell Super in bright green or TLD A1 in bright yellow with black bits in !

Its time to change my old Giro Hex and need something that looks good, I know its a helmet and you must wear one or you will die but I’ve been riding since it was fashionable to not wear one !

I know BELL make some good helmets and you can see the thought that’s gone into it, I like the smooth lines and would ideally like a bright yellow one to match my bike ?

TLD again have a good track record on helmet design and protection, this one looks a bit complicated, maybe it cools better with the vents etc but I’m not liking as much as the other

What do you guys reckon,
    Ventation is important , safety not so …………

rOcKeTdOg

Having the same dilemma, IXS trail RS?

z1ppy

Can’t tell you which is best for vents or protection, what I would say is try them on and see which fits best. I’ve been looking for a helmet that fits for the last year – Xar didn’t, Urge didn’t… numerous other didn’t or didn’t have enough vents (Giro feature).
    I got hold of the Bell Super and very happy with it, especially the fit, I think it might be slightly hotter than my old Xen (has lots of vents though) but then it covers more of my head, so what do you expect.It’s also been pretty humid lately, so difficult to tell.

PS: That IXS looks good/well vented, not seen that or the TLD one before.

rOcKeTdOg

IXS not out until Sept Kiev

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Its time to change my old Giro Hex and need something that looks good

Neither of the above then? For the visually impared you can now add the new Smith lid into the mix too 🙂

The new IXS lid actually looks half decent for something with a bit more coverage.

kayak23

I have the Super in Green. It’s…..very green.

m_t_b
    Free Member

Damn just bought a new lid, I like that IXS one should of waited.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

My mate has had to bodge his bell for his Sunnies to sit correctly with it,..i.e taken a scalpel to it…

z1ppy

Must have a funny shaped head then, as I wear glasses or sunglasses full time & not had an issue. Again, trying before you buy should have highlighted this

Sunnies? There Sunglasses FFS, state of youth today.. I dunno… grumble grumble…

discoduck
    Free Member

RD, thanks I missed that one ! Cancel that I’ll wait for the IXS I reckon ?

rOcKeTdOg

You’re welcome, it’s another one for the list. I smashed my hex on the ground with my head last week so am in the market. Will be wearing OH’s white & pink Hex until I decide 🙂

z1ppy

Nice, pictures are now required! Do they go better or clash with your shorts? 😯

discoduck
    Free Member

Has any one got their hands on an IXS helmet yet ?

hainman
    Free Member

30th September CRC say they come in stock,think i’ll wait for that,was going for the feature but everyone i ride with bought one so im after something different,only bugger is i cant access anywhere to try on

toons
    Free Member

The TLD is hotter than the hex.

What about a green scott lin with mips?

davosaurusrex

I just bought a Scott Groove II from Start cycles for £27, same as the Lin but without the Mips bit. Really comfy, very light, supposed to be one of the best vented lids on the market but even then I wouldn’t have said it’s night and day compared to my Feature. Lids are hot generally, innit?

I was all set to get a Bell Super but really don’t like how the straps attach to the outer edge, seems very heavy for the money too. The TLD just looks ‘special’, not even Peaty or Nigel Page can carry them off.

wrecker
    Free Member

I like the look of the Scott Stego and Mythic helmets.
    Looking at the Scott site; they make some really nice kit.

mindmap3
    Free Member

That Bell helmet is really nice – certainly looks better than the TLD one which is a bit minging. The IXS one looks good too.

I’m thinking about replacing my Urge because its a bit minging now and the Bell is top of the list providing it fits.

I think I am in the minority but I like the Smith helmet but I doubt I’ll like the price tag very much.

rOcKeTdOg

Do they go better or clash with your shorts

Nothing goes with those shorts! 8)

z1ppy

😈

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Bell Super or TLD A1’ is closed to new replies.