Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bell Super or similar and Oakley Radars, compatibility worn and stowed in vents
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Need a new lid and fancy something with a bit more coverage at the rear.

I’m a sweaty sod so need plenty of venting. That rules out the Giro Feature and Urge .

I also had my eyes lasered a few years ago so wear glasses whenever I can and got some lovely Radars for Christmas. My new lid has to be comfy with them whilst on my face and there must be an option to stow them in the vents.

The picture below suggests this is possible with the Super, but anyone got any real life experiences? I’d also consider the IXS Trail RS, anyone got one and wear Radars?

njee20
    Free Member

I find my Radars don’t fit properly in my (small) Spesh Prevail, and my Jawbones don’t fit in my 2D either – so I wear them on the back of my head when not on my eyes. Works perfectly, never had them move.

Vaguely helpful, but size is definitely a factor, and it will depend on how the retention system is at the back on those helmets with more coverage.

robarnold
    Free Member

My last road lid was a Prevail and my Radars fitted perfectly in the front so it sounds like size is THE main factor.

…and you’re right, it didn’t really help but thanks for the post nonetheless 😀

njee20
    Free Member

They fit, but the frame (or the lenses if you have them ‘right way up’) obscure my vision, they sit higher in a 2D.

So yes, size matters!

widge34
    Free Member

I wear an Ixs trail RS and I can wear my oakley fives fine. Not sure how the store in vents though as I’ve never tried.

If it helps. I Had the Bell Super and the IXS is so much more comfortable and lighter. Had to send my bell back as retention strap broke.

robarnold
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bell Super or similar and Oakley Radars, compatibility worn and stowed in vents’ is closed to new replies.