Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bell super alternative
  • MSP

Tried a bell super but it doesn’t fit my head at all, in fact I am suprised that by the number of people I see wearing them I don’t see far more ball shaped heads in the street.

Currently have a mavic notch which fits really well and has a little more coverage than an xc/road helmet, but I fancy something with a bit more protection still.

Bluegrass goldeneye seems to fit the bill, any others I should look at?

Nowhere round here carries much stock of this kind of helmet so I am going to have to do the mail order returns dance till I find one that fits.

justinbieber

Is it a super or a super 2? The super used to fit brilliantly, but for some reason Bell added two hard rubber pads at the back of the helmet for the super 2 version which messed up the fit. Take these pads out and it fits great again.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Troy Lee A1.

Northwind

Most companies have an “extra protection” style hat these days. Sweet Protection bushwhacker is on sale in a lot of places now, stupidly expensive at full price but alright with 50% off…

rocketman
    Free Member

OP the helmet you are looking for is the Met Parabellum

A brave move by Met to make a helmet that doesn’t fit everyone and in particullar doesn’t fit people with football-shaped heads and/or no necks (no offence). The in-mould construction means the straps are on the inside of the helmet and not sandwiched between the liner and the outer like they are on a Super, so the fit is much more suited to those of us with slim oval-shaped heads and discernable necks. Lighter and better vented than a Super, a retention system that is easy to operate with one hand and loads of nice touches such as the gel brow pad and strap adjusters. 2014 models knocking around for £60

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

how do you get 50% off Sweet Protection?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bell super alternative’ is closed to new replies.