Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bell Super 2R discontinued.?
  • H1ghland3r
    Free Member

I’m on the lookout for one of these helmets to offset the Mrs’ anxiety about me taking part in the occasional ‘E’ word (sorry), apparently she likes my face the way it is.! Go figure.

They are out of stock until later this month absolutely everywhere that I have checked except that Wiggle have a single Medium one in stock (unfortunately I need a Large for my melon sized noggin) so I emailed their sales dept. to see if they maybe had an ETA on more arriving as I currently get 12% off as part of their Gold member thingy discount.
    Anyway, they got back within a couple of hours to say that this helmet was discontinued and to let them know if I needed help selecting an alternative.!?!?!?
    So are they just trying to get me to buy something they do have in stock now or is there something else going on.!?

TLDR : Bell Super 2R, discontinued or not.?

neilforrow

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/singletrack-helpfindmesomethinginstock-world-lgxl-bell-super-2r-lid

Also the guys at Drover Cycles have one (larg) coming in on the week c/o 15th. Give them a call, and they should be able to help.

I had it reserved, but plans have changed and its no longer needed.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

It’s probably just an old model they are on about being discontinued i.e. 2014 vs 2015.

http://www.bellhelmets.com/en_eu/cycling/helmets/super-2r-8668/

drovercycles
    Free Member

Yep, definitely not discontinued. We have large available next week if that’s any good for you.

BigDummy
    Free Member

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Could be the ’14/’15 thing if they are not planning on stocking the ’15 model I suppose. Although I’d have thought they’d have said that rather than implying that the helmet was for the scrapheap.!

As for the other suppliers, thanks for the tips, it does look from everywhere else though that the majority of places are expecting stock of everything except the Black and the White models next week with the other 2 colours coming in the first week or so of July.
    I’m not in a massive rush for one, but have been keeping my eyes open as I expected them to vanish out of stock almost as quick as they come in, they seem to be in short supply or very popular.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Thanks for the headsup Drover, is it the black one or the black Viper that you are expecting.?
    Perhaps you can help with a little sizing advice, I have real problems with helmets fitting as apparently my head is huge.! I currently have a XL/XXL (59-62) POC Trabec and previously to this have only been able to get Giro XL’s to fit. Is the Bell likely to work.? I wouldn’t want to waste your time by ordering and having to return and haven’t been able to get out and try one obviously as no-one has them! 🙂

neilforrow

H1ghland3r – I can def’ help with this. I have a massive mellon, and like you only certain brands fit. Bell lids are one of those. They come up on the large side.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Great news, thanks for that. Puts another slight worry to rest then.

drovercycles
    Free Member

… and of course you’ve got every right to return something bought online if it doesn’t fit – or for any other reason for that matter.

bigshep
    Free Member

If it helps I’ve got a large Bell Super which fits with room to spare, however my mates new MIPS Super 2R is a good deal smaller in the large size.
    My head goes is nowhere near fitting inside, it may just be the MIPs part but it did look a smaller helmet overall…
    For reference I’ve got a 61cm noggin 😳

Burchy1
    Free Member

Neil’s head 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bell Super 2R discontinued.?’ is closed to new replies.