Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Belgium Beer Where's cheapest
  • Sui
    Free Member

…and don’t say Belgium.

After hankering for a Duval for the past week, i popped into Morrisons (shhh, it’s near where i work, family shop is Ocado!) i picked up a couple of bottles and sunk them last night,along with a large bottle of Leffe (long week). Now each 33cl bottle of Duval is £2.90 each 🙁 , whereas the nice big bottle of Leffe is £3.40ish. Looking around all Belgium beer of distinction seems rather expensive at the moment, so WHERE’s CHEAPEST please???

im in Surrey and no the Shop in Dorking isn’t cheap either..

daveells
    Free Member

£1.80 at the Asda by me ,big leffe is £2.50. In the middlelands

Sui
    Free Member

an online “booze cruise” at Asda it is then

teef
    Free Member

33cl bottle of Duval is £2.15 at Tesco – expensive but you don’t need too drink many of them @8.5%

devs
    Free Member

Tesco have Chimay occasionally too. The blue label dark one is to die for.

Sui
    Free Member

tis not the alcohol i’m interested but the taste – if they happen to get me a bit more tipsy then so be it 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

I love Belle vue kriek , but only Belle vue I used to get it from Makro after I moved from Belgium but they stopped selling it and only a few places seem to stock and its silly money :'(

By way leffe radieuse if any one sees it is a lovely change I found a bottle in my fridge when I moved apartments in Brussels 😉

29erKeith
    Free Member

I was out after you first sentence 🙁

but then remembered that Lidl seem to have leffe and a few others in at times, no idea on price but as it’s Lidl shouldn’t be high

MrGreedy

No use to you now, but Tesco were including Duvel in the big 4 for £5 bottled beers deal they ran last month – suffice to say, the shed is now well stocked for Christmas. It does get discounted now and then, so you just have to make the most of it when you get the chance.

irelanst
    Free Member

…and don’t say Belgium.

Luxemburg then, tax free!!!!

We live in Holland and the only thing to be smug about price wise is beer and wine. Leffe, Duval, Westmalle etc. are about the same for a six pack as you seem to be paying per bottle! I stocked up on Jupiler last weekend because it was on offer at €8 a crate and you get €4 back when you recycle the crate and bottles!

No help at all to the OP, just wanted to gloat!

stany
    Free Member

Sui – just pop round to Captain Casey’s. He’s always got a good stash and you can drain him for free (his beer that is….) If all else fails, tuck into Mrs. Casey’s extensive wine stash 😆

boxfish
    Free Member

Ah, Jupiler! Les hommes savent pourquoi.

cynic-al
    Free Member

“I want an expensive habit but can’t afford it” LOL

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Luxemburg then, tax free!!!!

or indeed Belgium. Brought a few cases back after Tour of Flanders this year – even in the late night shop in the centre of Ghent the bottles were only around £1 each. In the French supermarkets now the more unusual beers are better value than the wine.

messiah
    Free Member

Well… if we are in gloat mode I intend to spend a few hours in Belgium tonight (all the Belgian beer’s are upstairs). Many of these I’ve never seen before 🙂

Stonehaven Real Ale Festival Beer List

Check the CRAFT KEG and bottle list for the unusual Belgian content.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

jealous. I’ll be at the Crown And Anchor after the fireworks. Best beer news in South London in years.

wavejumper
    Free Member

Anybody know where you can buy Leffe Ruby from on a similar topic. That stuff is bloody beautiful but I can’t find it anywhere! Trip to France required me thinks.

Mackem

Cant believe that anyone who has the choice of Leffe, Duval etc, picked uo a load of cat-piss Jupiler. It’s what homeless Belgians drink.

irelanst
    Free Member

Cant believe that anyone who has the choice of Leffe, Duval etc, picked uo a load of cat-piss Jupiler. It’s what homeless Belgians drink.

It’s chugging beer – it’s not a case of that or Leffe etc. it’s what you keep in the fridge to offer to American guests. To be fair I quite like it though, it certainly beats Carlsburg / Carling etc.

Mackem

Well, that’s fair enough. You are forgiven.

rewski
    Free Member

That stonehaven beer festival looks awesome, recommend he de ranke xxbitter, quite hoppy for a Belgian beer.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Wave jumper beer merchants.co.UK will have Leffe Ruby-it’ll be over 3quid for a 33cl bottle

wavejumper
    Free Member

Cheers Tom B. I’ll check them out.

Mugboo

My Belguim beer habit is getting expensive, anybody tried brewing it?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Belgium Beer Where's cheapest’ is closed to new replies.