Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Belfast much to do?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Possibly there for a day on my own, with time to do some stuff, based near the titanic museum (which is on the list) what else is worth doing / seeing for half a day? Ideally within walking distance

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s close to much, but getting into town is quick and easy. City Hall, Crumlin Rd Gaol are attractions, I think you can do mural/history tours too. Museum by Botanic Station.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Ulster museum is good but it’s out Botanic way which is the other end of the city so would probably need some kind of transport to get over there.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Train. He’s not likely to see much without jumping on one or a bus.

peajay

Jump on a tour bus, get to see the famous bits quickly if time is short, Stormont is a cracking place, really impressive. Have a google at images of the troubles and try and remember what you saw as you wander around the city. Grab a pint in The Crown Bar too. If you’re at the Titanic area go to the pump house and have a wander in the dry dock, genuine Titanic era stuff.

DT78
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’m from Soton so intrigued to compare Belfast titantic museums to the one here

Tour bus is probably a winner

Rich_s

Crumlin Road Gaol = brilliant. And scary.
    Tour of the murals (black cab ride – I was there on business using taxis anyway so managed to expense it – bear in mind that you will be receiving a biased version of events).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Belfast much to do?’ is closed to new replies.