Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Beinn a Bhuird and Ben Avon
  • Kunstler

I’m guessing a few people have done this. Sanny? Looking at the map and geograph it seems that best way is Glen Quoich approach and then up An Diallid on the LRT to Beinn a Bhuird, down to the Sneck. Then on to Ben Avon and back down to the Sneck? Is there much of a path at the head of the corrie. Looks steep. I’m on a hardtail and not very enduro.

Or another route off Ben Avon?

duckman

The sneck is brutally steep,don’t know how you could ride down and back up. Quoich also got hammered during last winters floods so I don’t know how much they have been restored. The river changed its course last September as a guide to how it was. Sorry for the negativity.

Sanny
    Free Member

Linn of Quoich is the easiest way up. The LRT is now a narrower footpath but is ace. Down to the sneck is steep and loose but doable. Easily walked down though. Rode it last Sept and the only difficulty is that part of the path from Linn of Quoich has gone but we got past it with no issues. Return via An Slugan. Loose and eroded at the top but then becomes a proper path further down. Alternatively, you can head north east via the Ben Avon tors. No real path but easy going on a clear day. The return is via the glen that goes by Loch Builg.

Hope this helps?

Kunstler

Cheers guys. I’ll be bike packing on my way there so hopefully feeling like I’ve got wings once all the camping gear is dumped off the bike.

floki
    Free Member

As Sanny says you could return via the main walkers path and Allt an t Slugian. If you were going for the Ben Avon tops don’t consider coming back up and over on the “path” that leads up by the River Gairn (indistinct/poor riding in lots of places) – much better to take the LR tracks over Cullardoch.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Beinn a Bhuird and Ben Avon’ is closed to new replies.