• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Being 'Jedi-ed'..
  • rogp
    Free Member

I’ve got a one to one session with Tony from UK Bikeskills in the next couple of weeks and I was just wondering what to expect – should I go with an agenda i.e I need to work on X, Y, Z or will he use special powers to deduce just that from watching me ride?

Either way I’m very excited 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

should I go with an agenda i.e I need to work on X, Y, Z

definitely not

just go with an open mind and don’t worry, you don’t need to fret beforehand

zilog6128

Yes exactly as above, just forget what you think you know, Tony will watch you ride and then work on what you actually need to work on. You will have a cracking day!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You’ll have a chat, Tony will get you do some really simple stuff, possibly involving sticks, you may well fall off at this stage (you can guess how I know this! 😳 ) and then you will progress.

By the time you go home, you’ll be astonished at how you’ve progressed and grinning ear to ear

maxtorque

Don’t worry, Tony is pretty laid back, but he really knows how to get the best out of his riders, generally without them ever realising how he’s doing it!

At the moment, after a weeks snowboarding, he’s probably so laid back he’s actually horizontal! So, check your bikes in good order, take on open mind and enjoy yourself

^^^^From his facebook page 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Just tell him the type of riding you prefer, what you want to get better at, and what your fears are.

jedi

Dont worry at all. 🙂

plumber
    Free Member

He could tell what I was doing wrong even looking the other way

Lester
    Free Member
    maxtorque

plumber
    He could tell what I was doing wrong even looking the other way

They don’t call him the jedi for nothing! On my first visit, Tony was up at the top of the site making coffee, and i was still down at the bottom just messing around on my bike. Trying to do an endo turn, the front wheel tucked under and off i fell off with a thump. 2 sec later i heard a “what happened there then?” shout carrying from the top of the site on the wind! BUSTED! from about 200yards away! Embarrassing! lol

skellnonch
    Free Member

Nice chap, taught me lots without actually teaching me anything & got me hooked on G&T’s…

Big-M
    Free Member

Top bloke, very laid back, the one thing you’ll end up doing most of the day is smiling.

smcicr
    Free Member

+1 for the above comments.

get a good nights sleep beforehand – especially if you have a reasonable drive to get there.

take plenty of food / snacks etc to keep your energy levels up through the day.

DON’T be cycling back up the hill. At all. Get off and push 🙂

I’m still convinced it’s without doubt the best money you will ever spend on cycling – y’know, once you’ve actually bought a bike ;D

enjoy the day!

maxtorque

I spend all day cycling back up the hill! Maybe that’s why i was knackered! 😉

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I spend all day cycling back up the hill! Maybe that’s why i was knackered!

Yeah no bloody uplift

coolhandluke
    Free Member

To be honest, I wasn’t sure if he was seeing what I was doing wrong or going through a set routine?

His coffee is excellent though and he was a great and patient teacher. He must have done some good in me as, despite still being a bit of a wuss when confronted with a table top, I was doing gap jumps within a few hours of arriving!

I loved my session with Tony and am thinking of going back for another one to one later this year.

MrGreedy

Once you’ve been, you will forever have a little Tony sitting on your shoulder as your ride, shouting “Feet!”, “Look!” and suchlike in your ear at the appropriate moments. Nothing he will teach you is complicated, but you’ll wonder how the hell you have been managing without it all these years – it’s genuinely the best money you’ll ever spend on riding.

(And +1 to make sure you’re well rested, eat/drink plenty and don’t try riding up the hill)

derekfish
    Free Member

Take some ladies underwear along, I heard he collects it these days.. 😉

granny_ring

Go with an open mind and you’ll have a fab day.
    Only thing I would say if you’re not fit (like I wasn’t & still not……) then get as much biking in as poss before you go.
    It will help you last longer on the day!!
    Enjoy.

jedi

Lol @ ladies underwear

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Being 'Jedi-ed'..’ is closed to new replies.