Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Behind the scenes: Do A Wheelie with Danny MacAskill
  • stwhannah

One of the highlights of the Kendal Mountain Festival Bike Night was the behind the scenes film looking at the making of Danny MacAskill’s ‘Do A Wheel …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Behind the scenes: Do A Wheelie with Danny MacAskill

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

bikesandboots

Don’t really think this street culture of reckless wheelieing in traffic (1:07) is for celebrating.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yeah you’d never have seen that in Sprung🙄

Skills are skills, you don’t have to like where they came from but why shouldn’t talent be celebrated?

And where else do you think they have? Maybe think about why this evolved on the streets.

kayak23

Loved that 🙂

matt_outandabout

That’s just brilliant.
    Where is that positivity thread again?

BruceWee

Don’t really think this street culture of reckless wheelieing in traffic (1:07) is for celebrating.

Bloody cars, shouldn’t be allowed on the road!

lister

That was awesome.

macwhisky
    Free Member

When that video first came out, you couldn’t go passed a school without some kid shouting ‘DO A WHEELIE’…

Had to change my route, as I couldn’t do one, (but this video, always inspires me to try, (again)) 🙂

seriousrikk

Loved this when it came out.

The song was absolutely my bike soundtrack for the summer, the video an inspiration to get better on my bike (I didn’t, but I’m still inspired). Just a proper slice of feel good bike fun.

leffeboy

That is just the best, possibly even better that the original vid

ped

Ace!

@stwhannah
    , I saw you tapping up Lil Spartan and Nay Whaaat after the screening at KMF: Did anything come of that? The Q&A was so rushed there and it’d be good to hear more from them.

stwhannah

@ped still working on it! They seem keen but just got to get everything/everyone to come together to pull it off!

sharkattack

Also the part where he destroys that poor families picnic. No wonder cyclists have a bad name.

Ban this filth.

lovewookie

perhaps oddly, when I think of wheelie stars from back in the day, I don’t think of Hans Rey, I think of Jez Avery,riding around without a front wheel.

Hans, yes as a pioneering tricks and trials rider, but not specifically wheelies.

Maybe just a UK thing though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.