Beginners guide to padding

Home Forum Bike Forum Beginners guide to padding

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Beginners guide to padding
  • Premier Icon theotherjonv

Rather than a big rehash, there have been a few pad threads recently, I started one so search my profile and you’ll find them easily enough.

From my point of view, I went for g-flows and thus far they’re good for pedalling comfort, but have yet to be tested for their official purpose.

Premier Icon mikewsmith

Try lots on!

If not you will end up with something that rubs, doesn’t fit and you wont end up using it. So you will either need to order 10+sets from CRC etc or find a couple of shops to try and see the range about.

I need some padding to give me more chance of leaving my knees and elbows in one piece.
    Trouble is ive never used any pads before and i have zero idea what to look for..

Also, my legs in particular are like tree trunks extraordinaire.. One stranger recently commented in a queue i was standing in ” the only man I’ve met with a postcode for each calf”

I also like to ride 3 or 4 hours up and down dale so i reckon harder shell gear is out of the question.

So, can you please advise where I should be looking for lightweight pads suitable for an XC type mincer with super wide pins?
    For reference i tried a pair of Endura summink-or-others the other day in XL, could barely get them over my foot let alone up my leg..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Beginners guide to padding’ is closed to new replies.