Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Beginner at mild dh so wanting a full face helmet. Suggestions please.
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a 180mm bike so wanting to try Aston hill and bpw this year. Can anyone suggest a good full face helmet for an absolute novice? Thanks.

Wookster

One that fits mate!! I had to try loads to find one that was comfortable to wear, I found Spesh, and Giro were uncomfortable even though I wear their trail / road lids?

fd3chris
    Free Member

I wear a poc trail helmet in large/extra large and was hoping one of those would fit roughly the same. Bugger ..

grahamt1980

Sadly doesn’t work like that as the pressure points can be all over rather than just at the top of your head.
    Either visit a shop or get a few mail ordered with free returns

fd3chris
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

wadam00
    Free Member

I Got a seven idp from chain reaction recently and that was reasonable price and feels good on – I have a long thin head so got a medium and it fits well

DickBarton

Mate has a Uvex helmet that has a removable chin section – but with it on and attached, it is a recognised and approved DH helmet. Looks a serious bit of kit but without the chin piece it looks like a normal MTB helmet. Not idea of cost, but it looks like it would do the job very well.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Wear your normal helmet. You don’t need a full face helmet just to be able to ride down a downhill track FFS.

Full face helmets are heavier and more restrictive than an open face helmet, they’re worse to ride in.

They make sense if you’re racing as you’re pushing your limits and crashing is more likely.

If you can’t ride the track in an open face helmet, then a full facer is not going to help. If you decide that you can’t ride it in an open face helmet, but you can when you put a full face helmet on, then the chances are you’re gonna fall off and hurt yourself.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Beginner at mild dh so wanting a full face helmet. Suggestions please.’ is closed to new replies.