Beggars and buskers ?

Home Forum Chat Forum Beggars and buskers ?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Beggars and buskers ?
  • Premier Icon momo
    Subscriber

If a busker can hold my attention for more than a few seconds, then I'll probably drop something in their hat/guitar case, but I'm far too tight to give to beggars.

Buskers – Good ones get a smattering of change if entertaining enough
    Beggars – Nothing. Except the odd time when I've bouught them a bottle of water/cup of tea sort of thing.

I once gave some money to a beggar on Christmas Eve – normally I won't at all.

I occassionally give money to buskers/street entertainers, especially if I have been watching, say, a juggler for their whole routine.

I give food to the "homeless and hungry" types – not money. I don't give anything to the "professional beggers"

mt

thats lord levy knackered then.

Premier Icon Teetosugars
    Subscriber

Yeah, I'll give beggers cash, 60% of the homless are ex-squaddies, and so I'll always help.

So what if they spend it on drink or drugs, it's their choice..

No, I can't et on a morale high horse.

There is always somone worse off than you are.

And we don't know their story, so who are to judge??

sofatester

What is a professional beggar TJ? Maybe they should advertise down the job centre, I’m sure that post would be quickly filled 🙄

hilldodger

I'll offer to pay beggars if they will do a trick/funny walk/daft stunt or something, but not if they just stand/lay/crouch/slump there all fcuked up and pathetic looking plying their mangy little dog-on-a-string or 'food for baby' routine………..

mt

wow! Why ask for a funny trick just get them to lick your boots.

kinda666

I know of atleast 2 "professional" beggars in Wolverhampton, one guy sits in the subway and has 4 or 5 houses he rents out, another one sells the big issue, he has a few houses too, which IIRC he rents out to other beggars/big issue sellers!

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber

one was rumbled in Sheffield. Begged all day down various subways, then wandered off to his Jeep Grand Cherokee at the end of the day

Junkyard

OP why did you mention your perception that they are Roma(and do tell how you can tell) …is it important to whether I give them money or not? Do some people on her give to honest hard working decent white english types who have fallen on hard times but just laugh at the darkies who are lazy and feckelss and should work their way out of the situation?

I give money to homeless charities only real way to help the situation IMHO. VEry rarely to a beggar on the street

BlingBling

I once gave a begger a spliff but what I didn't tell him was that half way down it was a micro dot.

He wasn't there when we came back passed later. Gutted!

sofatester

know of atleast 2 "professional" beggars in Wolverhampton, one guy sits in the subway and has 4 or 5 houses he rents out, another one sells the big issue, he has a few houses too, which IIRC he rents out to other beggars/big issue sellers!

That kind of thing makes me wish I was Patrick Bateman 👿

hilldodger

Why ask for a funny trick just get them to lick your boots

yeah, like I want beggar-spit all over my shoes 🙄
    nope it's funny tricks, dangerous stunts or nothing…

MrBlond

I beat up buskers playing 'wonderwall' 🙂

mt

Junkyard – you can tell there Roma cause they have already pickpocketed your wallet and are just letting you know that your now skint. In Verona anyway.

kevonakona

DOn't ask for money while texting on your phone and smoking a fag. Particular favourite of the bloke/lass (they seem to do alternate days) outside Tesco round the corner.

grynch

Junkyard – Member

OP why did you mention your perception that they are Roma(and do tell how you can tell) …is it important to whether I give them money or not?

junkyard,.. second question.. is it imporant to me whether you give or not?, no of course not… my question was out of curiosity. simples.

how can I tell?.. they commute… 5.pm you can see groups of them walking along the lake to their cars with "RO" registrations. I can only guess that they rent a cheap house, or squat somewhere out of town.

Yeah I give to beggars …………. a piece of my mind……. that's what I **** give them – the long-haired layabouts.

I sometimes need to prod them with my rolled up copy of the Daily Mail to make certain they're paying attention.

grynch

*basking in the warm glow of STW humanity*

grynch

Simple as that… do you ever give any of your hard earned cash to beggars or buskers?

I’m afraid this city has become over run lately with beggars* so I rarely give them anything but if you can entertain me while I'm waiting on a bus… I’ll probably drop a coin.

*beggers = call me what you will but the majority of them, here at least, are Roma.

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

I once gave a begger a spliff but what I didn't tell him was that half way down it was a micro dot.

You can't smoke lsd.

I'll give some cash to buskers if they're good and acoustic. I can't stand those that use an amplifier with a backing track and play the f-ing saxophone over the top. There used to be a guy in York that was a cracking guitarist and had a great voice, he even played the tricky bit of Here Comes the Sun. He regulalrly got a quid or two from me.

As for beggars…not usually. I know they may have fallen on hard times but there are ways they can get help without sitting on the street. Charities for the homeless get my money.

BlingBling

You can't smoke lsd.

He did 😆

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Beggars and buskers ?’ is closed to new replies.