Before I break my neck (roof content)

Home Forum Chat Forum Before I break my neck (roof content)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Before I break my neck (roof content)
  • Boba Fatt

One of my plastic chimney/vent things on the roof is squint, like it’s been knocked by something.

before I go up the loft to see if this is accessible from inside or indeed can actually be pulled back into line, does anyone know if this can be done myself or have any idea what I should be looking at online before going up there and inevitably putting my foot through the ceiling?

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

What kind of roof – flat, tiled etc?

Boba Fatt

pitch roof, tiled, the chimney is closer to the guttering than it is to the peak

I think the appropriate phrase here is ‘learn from WCA’s fail…’

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

my plastic chimney/vent things

do you mean “Chimney” or Soil stack vent or roof vent?

Boba Fatt

do you mean “Chimney” or Soil stack vent or roof vent?

The second one

and what happened to WCA? (i presume that is WorldClassAccident, presumably he lived up to his name?)

nick1962

Pay a professional to risk their life and limbs,seriously.

Premier Icon leffeboy
    Subscriber

I did a similar sort of thing once but got a climbing friend to rope me from the other side of the roof. I know pros do it but I just wouldn’t go onto an exposed slope without some sort of protection.

Depending on access for you you may need to rent a ladder that hooks over the ridge tiles to get up and in that case it may just be cheaper to get someone in

Boba Fatt

Having just been up the loft, what with all the insulation and everything else (and the fact that I just banged my head on the roof hatch) I think this one can be left to the professionals. Not the first time my good intentions have ended up costing me money

I_Ache

Basically he fell off a ladder shattered his foot and nearly had to have it chopped off!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Before I break my neck (roof content)’ is closed to new replies.