Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Beer – Stringers Black Flag…. that was foolish
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

hic

Note to self, check abv before ordering a round.

A quick Boxing Day lunchtime snifter may have turned a tad savage… starting with an 8.8% monster did lead us to the inevitable route to squiffydom.

He he he.

The Magnificat weren't bad either (Durham brewery or somesuch).

So – anyone else drunk anything interesting today???

ojom
    Free Member

Just opened an Innis and Gunn. Just the 1 mind. Not any more than that..

Smee
    Free Member

TBC – blonde or the normal stuff? I am partial to a blonde and have just opened the first of many.

ojom
    Free Member

Normal tonight. Got a taste for the Canadian and the Rum casks (Great Grog is right over the road from my flat!) but you cant beat the original. The blonde is great though eh!

Got an amazing whisky from the Society last night from a mate. 58.9%…. amazing flavour.

Smee
    Free Member

The normal is the best beer on the planet for drinking by a campfire on a freezing cold night.

ojom
    Free Member

*nods* i might just go and stand with a candle in the street for that effect!

Smee
    Free Member

i think a trip to inners bothy might be taking it a bit far, but it's tempting.

ojom
    Free Member

that sounds fun.

what's it like down there? we are going to the Pentlands seeing as we don't have to drive etc. Think nibbler might be a giggle in the wet/snow.

Smee
    Free Member

roads are all clear now. but it'll be either snow or ice on the trails and it wont be easy to get anywhere. pushing up and riding down is the order of the day.

ojom
    Free Member

Best stick to beer then. To be safe likes.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Oh Innis and Gunn, good choice! Not had much of that since departing Scotland, but they have it down Booths so I may have to get a few next shop!

Quite enjoying Crabbie's Ginger Beer at the mo, only 4% but tastes divine… lashings of it are in order methinks!

ojom
    Free Member

mm i had that last week that Crabbies stuff. It was ok. Bit weak mind.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Beer – Stringers Black Flag…. that was foolish’ is closed to new replies.