Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Beer has been ruined for me
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Been round a friends house, 4 bottles of Dogfish Head brewery ale.

Like most people I’ve heard of Dogfish but dissmissed it as ‘what do they know about beer? They grew up with budweiser”

It’s that good I’d actualy consider paying the £15 a bottle it costs when you can find it over here.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Which brew?

Their Worldwide Stout is rarer than rocking horse shit, but oh my, it’s astonishingly good.

ton

been into leeds tonight, to the opening of a mates bar.
    The Magic Spanner

magic rock ale at £3 a pint…….i was in heaven…. 8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

Spent a night at the Brewdog bar in Glasgow on Monday, making my way through the samplers.

Mrs Kryton now has a new selection of bottled beers at the top of the shopping list.

ads678

Where’s the magic spanner ton? I’m in Leeds Saturday night, might check it out.

ton

in the cellars of the town hall, on the headrow side.

Drac

I’ve been down to my favourite brewer Anarchy today and bought there fantastic summer brew Citra Star. They do such superb beers really are to class and my favourite brewers.

ads678

Ooh that could be a good place to watch the tdf grand depart!!

Cheers ton I’ll go and check it out.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Theobroma
    Etrusca
    Red and white
    Positive contact

Made the mistake of a hobgoblin afterwards, it’s now dissapointing and a bit bland in comparison.

Pyro

Positive Contact is awesome, and named after a rather spiffing Deltron 3030 track as well. Apparently Dan ‘The Automater’ Nakamura’s recipe, talented chap.

stoffel
    Free Member

I’ve been bought tickets for a brewery tour at London Fields, as a thank you from someone I did a favour for. 😀 I strongly suspect that will result in me signing up for one of their brewing courses, and a hefty wedge spent on equipment and ingredients. For wheat beer fans, their ‘3 weiss monkeys’ is excelent.

russianbob
    Free Member

The Magic Spanner is just a pop up isn’t it? Not a permanent fixture.

sparksmcguff

Ahh… the country that brought us budweiser now has a quality brewer in every little town. Went on a bike party ride in Baltimore last year – complete with beer from flying dog (a maryland brewer).

Love US craft brewing, though it can be a bit IPA/Hop heavy. Made a point of spending a night in a small town in Pennsylvania recently just to try the local beer. One coffee shop even had a micro-micro brewer on the go.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Nice one, Flying Dog make some excellent brews. There’s a few places local to me in St Andrews and Dundee that have bottles of it which is great.

Try finding some beers by Tempest. Scottish brewery but make some really good beers.

I’ve been to the USA on holiday a couple of times over the last few years and a lot of incredible beer was drunk. From stuff that will get exported to hipster bars and bottle shops over here to tiny one man micro brews. The beer scene is really great once you get past the massive industry breweries.

grantus
    Free Member

Heineken – job done. Peroni when it’s someone else’s round

rewski
    Free Member

My bro was at the brewdog agm at the weekend, they had 90 beers different beers on the go. Pressure Drop Bosko is my current brew of choice and Racer 5 when I can get it.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Hearing good things about Pressure Drop Bosko, amongst the others they do. Must hunt them out.

I tried a Siren Craft Brew Americano last night. I think it’s dubbed as an Imperial Coffee IPA. Damn it’s good. Reminds me of Mikeller Beer Hop Breakfast. An all time fave of mine.

Speaking of Mikeller, their Yellow Gold is mighty fine too.

Off into Leeds tomorrow night to sample some Magic Spanner. Hopefully pick up a Magic Rock Grand Depart musette too.

ton

The Magic Spanner is just a pop up isn’t it? Not a permanent fixture.

it is, open until the 6th of july

bigyinn
    Free Member

grantus – Member

Heineken – job done. Peroni when it’s someone else’s round
    Doors thataway>>>>>>

rewski
    Free Member

Hearing good things about Pressure Drop Bosko, amongst the others they do. Must hunt them out.

Lucky enough to have them at my local offie, along with Beavertown and countless others. The Pale Fire is one of the tastiest weaker beers I’ve tried.

Online is your friend http://www.bottleapostle.com/product/bosko

mamadirt
    Free Member

Bengali Tiger FTW! Makes everything else taste like dishwater.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

^^^ not tried SixPoint beers yet but I believe the ‘spoons are doing this for £1.99

CountZero

Like most people I’ve heard of Dogfish but dissmissed it as ‘what do they know about beer? They grew up with budweiser”

Most people? A new one on me, and, I suspect, most people I know, who all enjoy a quality beer.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

woodfordes wherry ooowwwww and the brewry aint to far from me either by good its just what you need on a summer ride http://www.woodfordes.co.uk/wherry.html

prawny

The six point beers are nice, tried all three one lunch time the other week, the afternoon at work was ‘interesting’

notlocal
    Free Member

;+1 for Anarchy beers. Had a few of their beers when I was back seeing my Mam in Morpeth.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Not as classy as you lot, but I tried my first Black Isle Organic Blonde ale tonight, and enjoyed it immensely.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I bought a few one of each of the three Sixpoint beers in an, erm, Wetherspoons a couple of weekends ago. (Takeaway natch!!!!!!). Jeez, they were lovely, especially that Bengali Tiger, but the lager was special too. Are any supermarkets or Offie chains doing them? I could fill a fridge with them.

phinbob

I would go so far as to say that my local small supermarket thing here in California has a much better selection of beer than I ever had in the UK.

Mind you there isn’t anywhere good to go for an after ride pint, country pubs being their strong suit.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Need to keep an eye on this thread so I can stock up on some good beers for when I enter back into the world of alcohol. On a 2 month health kick at the moment to shed a few stone so I will deserve a good beer as the first.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Where in the UK can I buy dogfish?

izakimak
    Free Member

Tesco sell a collabaration brew by dogfish head and charles wells that has DNA in the name cant remember the rest of it, bright yellow label. If any homebrewers on here want to try something interestjng sounding google ‘blood orange hefeweisen’ one of dogfish’s older brews.

Flash
    Free Member

A vain Emperor who cares about nothing except wearing and displaying clothes hires two swindlers who promise him the finest, best suit of clothes from a fabric invisible to anyone who is unfit for his position or “hopelessly stupid”. The Emperor’s ministers cannot see the clothing themselves, but pretend that they can for fear of appearing unfit for their positions and the Emperor does the same. Finally the swindlers report that the suit is finished, they mime dressing him and the Emperor marches in procession before his subjects. The townsfolk play along with the pretense, not wanting to appear unfit for their positions or stupid. Then a child in the crowd, too young to understand the desirability of keeping up the pretense, blurts out that the Emperor is wearing nothing at all and the cry is taken up by others. The Emperor cringes, suspecting the assertion is true, but continues the procession.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Is that where your name came from flash? 🙂

So are we suggesting that some of these beers may have a ‘they make the trails come alive’ advertising campaign whch may be tricking peoples taste buds? Seeing as my current abstinence is proving incredibly hard it would be great to know if I am being lulled into a trap, do I need to spend time searching for these uncommon beverages or would I be just as happy seeking out a bombardier or hobgoblin from the local coop?

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

Sorry if this offends but I find that craft ales lack any sense of subtlety, sophistication or balance of flavours. Once the novelty of hop bombs has worn off I would suggest a beer festival or two to sample our own ales and to look towards the continent after that. Bottled ales tend to taste naff compared to beer served from the barrel though.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

There’s a load of micro breweries near work’s head office just outside Seattle.

Fortunately my boss knows I like beer. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PMJ, last time I was in Seattle, a bar very proudly told me that they had some gen you wine Stella Artois available.

I believe that this was meant to impress me!

MrNutt
    Free Member

Kubra ales down here in Somerset are something wonderful, Highly recommend their No.1 Pale ale and also their Saison, bloody lovely!

fasthaggis

bigyinn
    Free Member

Errr what fasthaggis??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Beer has been ruined for me’ is closed to new replies.