Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Beer friday, Where and what.
  • ton

going to a 30yr rugby reunion tonight.
    in a classy spot in Pontefract….halfpenny lane club.
    it could be a night of john smiths smooth flow. 😆

qwerty
    Free Member

I’m collecting 9 pints of

this afternoon.

Solo
    Free Member

Glass of red with my newest chick, in the rubba-dub.
    About an hour from now.
    😉

marsdenman
    Free Member

Meeting MrsMM in Hudds around teatime. If things go as usual, i’ll be a little early, Sharon will be late = a touch of quiet time in The Sportmans 🙂
    Followed by shopping – BOO!
    Followed by a curry 🙂
    Doubtless followed by a couple in one of our locals. 🙂

madjak
    Free Member

I rarely drink but after this week I’ll be getting a few ales out of the beer store in the garage! Some Badger, Cotleigh and an IPA or 2 I recon.

messiah
    Free Member

A couple of small somethings from the following list with lunch and perhaps I’ll fill my growler for tonight.

Catherine’s Pony!! This BrewDog/Beavertown collaboration gives you an Imperial Smoked Porter sporting a berry nose and delicious notes of chocolate coffee beans fused together with a vibrant hoppiness.

Brewdog – Dead Pony Club, 5AM Saint, Punk IPA, Libertine Black Ale, Jackhammer, Dogfight, Cocoa Psycho, and Paradox: Isle of Arran.

Guesties: Summer Wine Brewery’s Barista, Brodie’s Milk Chocolate Mocha-Port Barrel, and Wild Beer Co’s Ninkasi.

binners

Early start today Ton? 😉

Post work meet up with Mrs Binners for Lancashire T’apas washed down with Vedett. Counting down….

orangeboy
    Free Member

Sunny day here today so first ride for a few weeks
    And a little cider treat on way home.

ton

Post work meet up with Mrs Binners for Lancashire T’apas washed down with Vedett. Counting down….

black pudding, tripe and chicklins? delicious 😉

IHN

it could be a night of john smiths smooth flow

I once woke myself up from the smell in my halls of residence student room after a night of John Smiths smooth flow 😯

I’ll be stopping off at Waitrose to pick up some Friday night tipples (I’m thinking something from the Bristol Beer Factory), then a night on the sofa with the little lady and a dirty Friday night takeaway. Maybe have a cheeky pint of whatever the Twelve Bells has on tap on the way to picking it up.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Singha Beer in the Thai at the Travellers tonight to celebrate my youngest lad’s 14th birthday, love dining out with the whole family – 4 grandparents and the 4 of us.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

These beauties

I’ll buy them in Scotland before I head home to Lancashire as they don’t sell it by me.

zilog6128

20th annual White Cliffs Festival of Winter Ales in Dover this afternoon/evening, exclusively winter warmers so nothing under 5%! Bring it on!

binners

Not far off the mark actually Ton . T’apas 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

Will be sampling a few in here: http://www.thecommercialpontymister.com/ with my father in law 😀

Now that my month of abstinece is over, reckon I’ll manage 2 before I fall over 😳

ton

zilog……….that looks like a good do…enjoy.

rewski
    Free Member

Hopefully these beauties have been delivered today

De Molen : Vuur & Vlam
    Bear Republic : Racer 5
    By the Horns : Stiff Upper Lip
    Discworld Ales : Bledlow’s Silence
    Moor : So’ Hop
    Rogue : Juniper Pale Ale
    Moor : Revival
    Partizan : Pale Ale Cascade Wakatu
    Tiny Rebel : Urban IPA
    De Molen : Op and Top

fasthaggis

Tonight
    Wedding reception + free bar 😯

My body is a temple ,so I will try and behave 🙂

robh

Post work meet up with Mrs Binners for Lancashire T’apas washed down with Vedett.

White or Blond

justme
    Free Member

Ton If the lancashire tapas are where i think they are unless they have improved dramatically (sp) defo not delicious ask mart
    john smiths smooth I’d drive to get out of drinking it! Have known me n raine argue over who was driving home from a do to get out of suppin it needless to say she won G

justme
    Free Member

Forgot to say
    Brewery tomorrow meeting up with lowey n the bummers and poss kieth to end a month of abstenance (may sneak a quiet one in tonight tho)G

crispo
    Free Member

Whatever local ales are on 4 for £5 at asda. I’m heading straight to the gym after work do I have left mrs Crispo to pick me up a selection while she is getting stuff for tea.

Should imagine it will be consumed in front of a film turned up extra loud as the neighbour has just moved out so we have an empty house next door!

messiah
    Free Member

Post lunch update

Wild Beer Co’s Ninkasi is a lovely light and frothy Saison style beer with apple juice and champagne yeast. Very nice.

Summer Wine Brewery’s Barista was nice, very coffee flavoured dark beer which was a bit like drinking a cold coffee (in a good way… a very lovely cold coffee).

Brodie’s Milk Chocolate Mocha-Port Barrel was the absolute stunner of the day. Beautiful smooth full flavoured imperial stout style beer with loads of coffee and milk chocolate with a hint of spice from the port barrel… the growler was filled for this evening and as my wife is out and kids will be in bed I shall be drinking this and watching The Return of the King on DVD. There is some of this in a rum barrel which should be equally interesting in the next few weeks… thank you for the amazing beer Mr Brodie 8)

I tasted the BrewDog/Beavertown Catherine’s Pony collaboration and liked it, but they expect to have it for a few weeks so the beer’s above which were ending soon or limited supply were what I chose to sample.

It’s a hard life.

mattmbk
    Free Member

1 x Gallon of English Pale Ale
    1 x bag of Black Country Pork Scratchings
    Venue: Royal Oak. Tettenhall Wood. Wolves.
    1 x usual Saturday hangover.

binners

White or Blond

Robh – As people who’ve met my missus will know, I’m partial to Blond 😉

justme – I’m out on the bike tomorrow afternoon and I’m hoping to pop in to the brewery to see your good self and Lord Lowe. What time you aiming for?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

White Hart

warton
    Free Member

Haven;t drank for a month. getting little pangs of craving now, but going to try and abstain one more weekend, want a good nights kip tonight

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Slurp

neninja
    Free Member

Local pub with a couple of mates beckons.

Not sure what guest beers they’ll have. Usually have Theakston Black Bull and Jarrow Rivet Catcher on a couple of pumps plus a guest Stout/Porter and another guest ale.

Coyote
    Free Member

After Dry January I may be breaking my fast with a couple of Brakspear Oxford Gold Organic beer. Beautiful beer that is rapidly moving up my list of favourites.

tomaso
    Free Member

Several pubs have joined together for a Dark and Winter Ales Festival in Lancaster and I am heading to the pub for a sneaky pair of pints right now…

The menu is as follows…

Lancaster
    *Chesty Stout 4.5%
    Chestnut Red 4.5%
    Black 4.6%
    Red 4.9%
    Cross Bay
    *Winter Moon 4.3%
    Dusk 4%
    Kirkby Lonsdale
    *Westmorland Dark Ale 6.2%
    Dark Envy 4.7%
    Jubilee Stout 5.5%
    Radical Red 4%
    OSB
    Blackboard 3.7%
    *Governors’ 5.5%
    Hawkshead
    *Lunesdale Nights 4.5%
    Brodies Prime 4.9%
    Red 4.2%
    XXX BP 8.5% limited supply
    Plus further special red 4.2%
    Bank Top
    Dark Mild 4%
    Port o’ Call 5%
    Leprechaun Stout 6%

andydicko
    Free Member

ton – Member
    going to a 30yr rugby reunion tonight.
    in a classy spot in Pontefract….halfpenny lane club.
    it could be a night of john smiths smooth flow

Ahhh, Pontecarlo…… I’ll be at Sandal RUFC tomorrow mate, few cheeky Nigerian Lagers I think.

mogrim

Currently enjoying a Kelpie Seaweed Ale, bit of a risk getting it but it’s paid off. Not sure I can taste any seaweed in it, although that’s probably for the best 🙂

iBaa
    Free Member

Recovering from an ankle injury. Sat on the sofa watching films, just started with a bottle of Cobra.

richpips
    Free Member

Old Hall in Whitehough for us later.

Always a fine choice of cask beers.

honeybadgerx

Well I just had three bottles plonked on my desk from a nice chap from Skye Homes; Black Cuillin, Hebridean Gold, and Oyster Stout, all from the Isle of Skye Brewing Company. Still job hunting though, unless it’s damn good beer!

Haze

Staying home, an hour on turbo and maybe a Becks blue.

Maybe a cheeky Balvenie later on 🙂

ton

called for a pot on the way home.
    dissolution ipa on in the cross keys…….too moreish,, 😀

mattbee

Badger Golden Glory, at home on the sofa after a loooong week at work.

carlos
    Free Member

Oranjeboom sat on the sofa waiting for Beef Rendang to cook. Nom nom

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Beer friday, Where and what.’ is closed to new replies.