Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Beer at Fort Bill
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Another Fort William World Cup question….

I note on the event website there’s no alcohol allowed on the hill and that there’ll be random bag checks.

How well is this enforced or is it a bit of a false promise? Asking for a friend, obviously

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Is this a new thing? Last year I was there as part of a stag party. We we’re on the hill and had lots of beer. Nobody said anything. Infact, I think most people were drunk.

rOcKeTdOg

Isvthat coz of possible anti social behaviour or because they will sell you warm beer at inflated prices?

pictonroad

Really?

I didn’t notice any signs 2 years ago, I was permanently pished, didn’t see anyone getting checked. I’d stick to spirits, beer is heavy and you’ll not be wanting to do much wild urinating with the midges…

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Suggestion.

Take a walk in from the woods above the fence, take yer beer with you, put your entrance fee in a charity tin.

Don’t shoot me. 😆

tomfun

Went in ’15 with a stag group who happily marched through with rucksacks full after cleaning out Morrisons of Old speckled hen.

Perhaps it’s a tick box excersise for the tickets?

The official beer stands weren’t that expensive to be honest, about £4 a pint.

hainman
    Free Member

Cant say i remember being searched the last 3-4 years
    mibbe in highlight of the Manchester thing its been introduced for bag search,but beers not allowed yet being sold,they ran out 2 year back

iain1775
    Free Member

from marshalling last year I would say well over half of the spectators that passed me had their own beer with them
    Just don’t leave litter and don’t get so pissed you think a marshals whistle is an invite to throw shapes in the middle of the track rather than cross quickly because a rider is hurtling down at speed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Beer at Fort Bill’ is closed to new replies.