• This topic has 56 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by kuman.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Beer
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been trying (in vain I may add) to educate those Harrogate tribe by bringing real beer up North for them.. 8 pints of pure nectar from here…

They moan about how poncy it is, but seem to slug it back like the county is just out of some hard hitting ration period 😜

(I’m still trying to find an equivalent real ale pub up here, if anyone knows one …. and not some glampuss Ginbar neither)

brant
    Free Member

I recently signed up for Beer52. It’s very good.
    Six beers on trial pack for only £3.95 p&p.

https://www.beer52.com

mikewsmith
    Free Member

(I’m still trying to find an equivalent real ale pub up here, if anyone knows one …. and not some glampuss Ginbar neither)

A quick google – what I normally do if I’m going somewhere on a work trip

http://harrogatetap.co.uk/index.php/what-s-on-tap

That looks spot on, good selection of cask and keg, heaps of variety and none of the mainstream breweries getting a look in

coynie09
    Free Member

Yes it’s a decent pint did confuse a few people as it looked like a stout landlord now given me the pump clip for the bike shed

Sandwich

I’m working steadily through a Leffe selection box that came back from France. It’s more interesting than the normal Cadbury’s selection box.

brant
    Free Member

Ah

No posting of referral links and codes where the poster will benefit financially or otherwise

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

The Coach and Horses is good as is Tap on Tower Street (what used to be Tap and Spile).

Old Bell Tavern is probably my favourite though.

EDIT: +1 for the Harrogate Tap as suggested above.

bob_summers

It’s funny to read so much love for craft beer on here. I do like a good session IPA or DDH IPA even when it’s got mango juice or something in it, but I live abroad and it’s about all there is.
    I’m flying into the UK tonight and crossing everything that I’ll make last orders at the Swan for a pint of 3.4% ale, served out of a cask made less than a mile away. Hard for me to imagine why you’d drink anything else!

white101

+1 for the Harrogate Tap and the Old Bell.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have a Wobbly Brewing IPA No 3 waiting for me after tonight’s ride home. It’s supposed to have a powerful citrus & tropical aroma which is right up my street.

IPA No.3

hammy7272
    Free Member

The Little Ale House in Harrogate is as good as it gets for fresh local beer. The owner Rich is also a top bloke.

bratty

Homebrew –

Just now its an all grain Saison brewed around 6 months ago – 100% Maris Otter, mix of noble hops, self-cultured Saison Dupont yeast.

Its a satisfying pint 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

currently sampling this

View this post on Instagram

actually quite smooth #beerme #holdmybeer

A post shared by Low Speed Adventurer (@rocketdoguk) on

bikebouy
    Free Member

Old Bell Tavern is probably my favourite though.

Hmm.. it was before it turned into a Ginbar. Quite why they had to turn the only real ale pub in Town into some neon GinChaser I’ve no idea. We used to go in there all the time, proper beer, small tables, large selection and cubbyholes.. now it’s just like any other place.. all be it with a couple of real ales thrown in to keep the blokes happy. Very sad day when they tried to turn it into something it never was.

I’ve  heard good stories about the Little Ale House, we’re off there tomorrow night for a pint … I shall let you know how we get on.

Other than that, the Tap is where Harrogate Locals go to turn their noses up at Southerners (like me) when we open our mouths to ask for a Pint … then get sneered at by some white trainer wearing thickedd. Norrrfanks.

🤷‍♂️🤳

jeffl

Beer 52 have sent me some interesting beers. Also tried flavourly but most of them were fairly bland, only a couple of real eye openers.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Other than that, the Tap is where Harrogate Locals go to turn their noses up at Southerners (like me) when we open our mouths to ask for a Pint … then get sneered at by some white trainer wearing thickedd. Norrrfanks.

A Pint grandad!! We are all drinking Schooners or halfs these days 😉 Got to go with the flow

kuman
    Free Member

Had a good selection of juicy ipas over the Xmas, mainly from Cloudwater, Wylam, Left Handed Giant, Loka Polly and Verdant. Still have 2 cans of Cloudwater latest DIPA in the fridge for New Years Eve.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Beer’ is closed to new replies.