• This topic has 56 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by kuman.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Beer
  • coynie09
    Free Member

This Christmas i have mostly been drinking……..s-l1600

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There are only a couplre I’ve had twice this last week, been awesome too. Finding some great sours this year too

ton

brew dog for me this xmas.
    got a dog pack for xmas, and 5am saint on keg in my local.

scuttler

North Brewing Co Sputnik

PMK2060

Tyskie.

ton

sputnik is cracking.
    other leeds stuff is good too, northern monk eternal.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Among others…
    Siren brilliance

Wild Weather Punxsutawney Phil. DIPA. Nothing at 9% should be that drinkable!

A rather lovely local(ish) smoked porter.
    null

cynic-al
    Free Member

Something more niche than any of those 😜

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ooo you tease… Don’t start a niche off though

zzjabzz
    Free Member

B&M had bottles of Oakham Green Devil for £1.39.
    I bought many.

handybar
    Free Member

Fosters/Carling/Carlsburg

Drac

welshfarmer

Tasted like drinking burnt treacle! One was more than enough 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

mrb123
    Free Member

Allendale Wolf.

136stu
    Free Member

Leffe. But I have a Beer Wulf selection box to tuck into, Xmas pressie off the kids!

leffeboy

It’s been ages since I’ve had a Leffe now.  There is so much tasty beer around

superstu
    Free Member

Had sound of Islay by Buxton I think. 13% imperial, tasted more of whiskey. I liked it!

ransos
    Free Member

My own. A well-hopped special bitter and a London Porter.

alric
    Free Member

One of my favourites in the supermarkets King Goblin

beej

Captain Flashheart uses the same shop as me, I believe. Had all of those in the past few weeks.

Delierium Christmas, Delerium Red and Anchor Brewing Christmas for me, plus a selection of mainstream beers (Hobgoblin, Lancaster Bomber, Jennings Cumberland etc). Got a gift pack from Hanlons Brewery as a present. I hate the concept of gift packs but I’ll make and exception for beer + glass packs.

Moe

Jet Black Heart ….. forget Guinness!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wild Beer Co. are doing a pretty good offer at the moment on 24 can cases of Bibble and their Sleeping Limes for £30 a case. A really nice ale and lager for £1.25 a can. Obviously, you’d probably want to taste them first if you’re going to order that many. AFAIK, M&S food places do Bibble. Not so sure about Sleeping Limes but perhaps Waitrose? Bibble is a very safe bet though – nice session strength (4.2%) Mosaic so you’re not going to go far wrong.

Also, if you do a quick survey on their site, they’ll give you a 20% off anything (apart from already discounted stuff) code. Any of their mixed cases would be worth a try. Mighty fine beers with some nice experimental and weird ones thrown in here and there.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Newbury, Beej? One of my LBSs, yes!

Oakham is top stuff, as is that Rauchbier. Very good at breakfast, that one. Apparently.

sirromj

Had a Fallen Angel gift pack, 1 x Scotch Bonnet cider, 1 x Fire in the Hole, 1 x Black Death (Naga chilli infused black stout), went down pretty well. Not outrageously hot.

beej

Yep, Newbury. Go in every couple of weeks to pick up a selection. We’re spoilt around here with Siren, Wild Weather, WB/Renegade being local-ish.

petec
    Free Member

newbury

Inn at Home is great. There’s also the Grumpy Goat in Reading if you’re in the area. Or even just popping out to the West Berks Taproom. They sell all the WBB beers, and the Renegade ones. But also other brewers, and Tutts Clump cider etc

Drac

That’s it I’m now off for Xmas.

gringo

Had some nice ones so far this christmas, Left Handed Giant Flash Flood, Wiper & True Quintet and Milkshake stout, Siren Carribean Chocolate cake and Northern Monk Cherry FLIPA.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Beej, petec, they also do stuff from over the borders, in civilisation! 😉

Including the rather lovely Stonehenge Ales.

DD, I’ve liked what I’ve had from Wild Beer to date, a good recommendation.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just opened my Brewdog Fanzine Mallow Martian – Imperial Milk Stout
    Wowzers 🙂 that is a blinder

Though I just found out that there is some beer about from these guys aged in Lark Tassie Whiskey barrels, and that there is a bottle of lark aged in their beer casks floating around the country!!

Some very fun stuff there

CountZero

I bought a selection of beers from my local farm shop, and I got some more from a mate. A couple I’ve drunk have been Wiper & True’s Quintet IPA, which is superb, very fruity, and at 6.2abv, needs to be treated with a degree of respect.
    https://wiperandtrue.com
    I’m drinking Corinium Ales 1AD Anniversary Porter, which is bottle conditioned, and delicious.
    http://www.coriniumales.co.uk
    I’ve got a couple of bottles from Tempest Brewery beers, Red Eye Flight, which is a mocha flavour, which is an… aquired taste, not sure it’s for me, and I’m just about to open a bottle of their Long White Cloud IPA.
    I’ve got a bottle of Five Points Brewery Station Porter, which I’m looking forward to, and several different bottles of Two Cocks Brewery’s beers, Roundhead, Puritan, and one other I can’t remember at the moment.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Got a coupe of boxes from my dad which myself and my missus are exploring. Few varieties of Goose Island (the urban wheat is rather nice if not a traditional weiss), a couple of cans of Steph Weiss and some other stuff I’ve not got into yet.

Williams craft lager isn’t all that, Alba Pine ale and Kelpie are what they should stick to. Got a couple of 11 plus bottles who’s names elude me right now, will report back later!

geex
    Free Member

Brewdog are arseholes and you should all be ashamed of yourself for drinking their products.
    http://garagelandlondon.com/desist.htm

Also who cares what poncy beer you’re all drinking. Everyone knows it’s quantity that matters. 😉

breadcrumb

Just finishing off a mini keg of Loweswater Gold.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

garagelandlondon.com/desist.htm

Is that out as an EP?

ElShalimo

I drove over to Little Valley Brewery and bought 36 bottles of loveliness to get us through the festive period.
    The smoky Moor Ale is lovely but the State Stout is fab too

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Is the Singletrack stuff actully anygood? I can imagine this being printed on the back of the bottle!

“Getting the balance of bitterness and self rightgeousness is all down to how heavy handed the magazine is with their moderation and adverts. This IPA dosen’t quite nail it (rather like the new classifieds section) but gives you a dark ale with hint of argumentativeness enough to excite the big hitters”

sirromj

Brewdog are arseholes and you should all be ashamed of yourself for drinking their products.

Guess you won’t be purchasing their MTB jersey then?

theotherjonv

I’ve been enjoying the remnants of my last Honest Brew case…. some Epic Saison (Wild Beer), Petite Saison (Burning Sky) and a couple of sours I don’t quite remember.

However, it’s the last case because of the change to their subscription model; in the past you could nominate what sort of stuff you’d like and they’d curate cases for you based on your preferences (eg: I don’t like too hoppy, and don’t like smoked dark beers/porters. I did like Saisons and said so so they sent me more / similar) Now you either get their choice or you can pay £20 a month into a beer bank and then order against that at your choice.

Trouble is – I still want someone to choose for me and at £20/mo (plus 10% added by them…..) I don’t drink £264 worth of beer to make it worthwhile them holding the cash for me.  I know I can withdraw as well, but I still want someone’s expertise to say – hey if you liked that, try this instead?  I know cake and eat it, but that’s why i joined previously and was happy to pay £3 a beer for something that probably retailed for £2-2.50 if you looked for it locally.

Previously I was with BeerBods (a ‘their choice’ case every 3 months) but they sent me too many that were just disgusting and went down the drain (minus one sip) and while that is part of their MO, to challenge your tastes it didn’t work for me.

So….. what other subs based companies are their that i should look at? Or do i find the local bottle shop (which probably isn’t local) and just start building my own?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Beer’ is closed to new replies.