Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Been wet? Yep been wet.
  • Stoner
    Free Member

January rainfall here at Malvern Next The Sea. 🙁
    Relentless. Almost no “steps” of respite since mid December. Everything is unbelievably soggy.

http://www.malvernwx.co.uk/archive.htm

samuri
    Free Member

Wettest January in 250 years or something

Drac

That’s the South for you.

avdave2

Enough rain to drown a fish.

ton

but isn’t it amazing how little you get wet whilst riding.
    ridden 29 days in jan and hardly got wet at all….. 😕

langylad
    Free Member

It’s grim up north….Ooh, hang on a minute

avdave2

but isn’t it amazing how little you get wet whilst riding.
    ridden 29 days in jan and hardly got wet at all…..

I remember years ago reading in Richard’s Bicycle Book just how few times a year you would get wet if you used your bike for commuting.
    All well and good but he didn’t tell me that I’d get plastered in mud twice a day every day for months on end on my commute.

samuri
    Free Member

I don’t know about that Ton, I don’t think my shoes have been dry all of January. Of course, you’re on the sunny side.

maxtorque

Why does JAN14 not start from zero mm of rain, when the other years plot lines do? (remove that offset, and it looks less wet!)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is the first point on the x-axis Jan 1st? Wasn’t New Year’s Day quite wet IIRC?

Jamie
    Free Member

Or expressed another way…

wrightyson
    Free Member

I work outdoors as a rule and I can honestly say its been a **** shocking month. If we’d been on a big site it would have cost us 1000’s as opposed to the 100’s on a smaller ongoing project.

Sandwich

Bits of Cambridgeshire were very damp this afternoon. Bit too much water for the drains and rivers to contain. There’s a new inland sea at St Ives that looks very impressive.

jimster01

It was quite pleasant in Malvern yesterday, certainly an improvement on Saturday. 🙁

See another storm forecast to arrive on Wednesday.

molgrips
    Free Member

I just reproofed all my waterproof gear and bought some new overshoes. I thought this might’ve been enough to keep us dry but even Sod’s law is being overturned.

DrJ

Still, I’m sure we’ll be seeing hosepipe bans brought in before long.

wwaswas

This was in Limerick last night. Sort of real life copy of Jamie’s gif…

I do love the water come through the key hole detail.

you can see the doors are bowing of you look at the bottom of the frame in the middle.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Where did that photo come from wwaswas?

zippykona

Surely if the door is that watertight you’d have suffocated by now?
    Amazing picture though.

stumpy01

Sandwich – Member
    Bits of Cambridgeshire were very damp this afternoon. Bit too much water for the drains and rivers to contain. There’s a new inland sea at St Ives that looks very impressive.

That’s always been a bit of a flood spot, but recently the slightest bit of drizzle and it’s under water!
    There’ll be growing rice there before too long!

wwaswas

Came up on my twitter timeline – @eewa2 – no reason to not believe it is what it says it is, you can see the floor is calf deep in water from the reflection.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh I don’t disbelieve it dude. I grew up there. Rain is all I can remember. 😀

mountainman

New Ross is cut off more or less by River Barrow this morning at high tide .

Local Gardi are still inbed .Ireland for you .!!!!

granny_ring

Hold the press, it’s sunny here today in the sarf eeeest.

slowjo
    Free Member

I went out for a ride (off road) yesterday and came back as clean and dry as when I left home…apart from sweat of course.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Been wet? Yep been wet.’ is closed to new replies.