Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • BeeLine compass style navigation
  • colin9

Anybody seen this?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1411369083/beeline-smart-navigation-for-bicycles-made-simple

It looks quite interesting. I would like to have an arrow on my bars pointing generally to where I’m going without having to follow turn by turn directions, it would suit my style of road cycling.

Halfway to being backed so it might be a go-er.

lemonysam
    Free Member

The price seems slightly low to me, low enough to be a bit suspicious that it might never see the light of day…

Also, one of the main reasons for turn by turn navigation on road rides is that typically, the most direct route is taken by the busiest roads – the ones you’re trying to avoid.

cokie

I know the founders. Sound guys with their head and heart in the right place. They’ve got a good track record of inventive products making it to market too.

It’s perfect for me. I don’t need to know the exact route. It’s nice to just hack your way through the countryside, lanes or city to get to the destination. Obviously it requires a bit of common sense by the user (but what device doesn’t).

scotroutes

Erm – any of the “recreational” Garnmins (Geko, Etrex, Dakota, Oregon etc) have a compass mode that just points to the next waypoint. Choose to only have your destination as a waypoint and it works exactly like this device. How many folk actually use it like that though?

There are any number of Smartphone apps that do exactly the same thing. How many use them like that?

And the example of of someone using it and plotting intermediate waypoints; just like a standard GPS then?

Sorry, I’m out.

wwaswas

I think it looks great, long battery life, app runs on phone, rugged and ideal for navigating round town.

I rarely ride in a way that needs the features it has but I’d buy one otherwise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘BeeLine compass style navigation’ is closed to new replies.