Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bedlington terriers and cats? Any experiences?
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

We have a 2 year old cat and looking to get a Bedlington puppy,is that a good or bad combo?

taka
    Free Member

if your cat puts it in line as a pup it should be ok

geordiemick00
    Free Member

it’s more a case of how well do you know your cat really….. Seeing as I was born inside the now demolished Bedlington Terrier pub, in Bedlington Norhthumberland I should be the authority on this subject, but i’m not. We had jack Russells 😆

angeldust
    Free Member

First (working type, with short legs) Bedlington killed a couple of cats by cornering them in his garden (I think he then latched onto their necks and swung them round till they broke) :(. Current (long legged) Bedlington hates cats and will chase, but (thankfully) doesn’t know what to do once cornered (just barks). He has caught and killed birds and rabbits though. Cats don’t tend to come into our garden anymore.

If you introduce the cat to the puppy as it grows up I would expect it to be fine.

stufive
    Free Member

Should be ok if your getting a pup sureley? our next ones going to be a border me thinks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bedlington terriers and cats? Any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.