Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bedlam
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Outstanding television. Moving, thought provoking, but above all, treating mental health issues as seriously as they deserve to be.

Watch it.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I work in the prison service. Don’t need to see it. Thanks anyway.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

+1 CaptainFlashheart.

benjii19
    Free Member

Really interesting viewing. Nobody would imagine the amount of people with problems.

CaptJon
    Free Member

It is scary how underfunded mental health services are. Excellent TV.

Swelper
    Free Member

Last weeks episode was fantastic, great profile and insight into a tortured mind.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It is scary how underfunded mental health services are. Excellent TV.

Totally.
    About 88% of our prison population have mental health problems (not including the staff, that no-one gives a monkeys about cos they get paid for it)

jambourgie
    Free Member

link?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

88% is what one of our mental health nurses quoted to me a while ago. You Google it, my heads battered with it all.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Is this a new series? Was it about anxiety? Love watching stuff like this – anything to do with mental health. Bit of a busman’s holiday as I’m a mental health CN but always worth watching new doco’s.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep it is woeful how underfunded mental health services are. My counselling for depression has been through as charity even though I went to my gp initially. It has been 3 months since I had a session. Bad times. I found the programme pretty tough viewing tbh.

arrpee
    Free Member

Yeah, enjoyed the first episode. Would be interested to hear about any neurological basis for anxiety disorders. Wonder how much is known about that?

Felt especially bad for the young guy in it; what a crap hand to be dealt.

sadexpunk

missed the first one but caught last nights. very good. also the 999 whats your emergency episode on mental illness.

going through it at the moment with our teenager through drug use. he hears voices and is letting them ‘command’ his life or else ‘bad things’ will happen. he wont wash, change his clothes, clean his teeth, hes in a bad way. just been sectioned back to the MHU when hed been improving in a care home, so going downhill again at present 🙁

good to see well-made tv programmes on the subject.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Sadexpunk

Best wishes to you and your son. I know it’s tough for him and also tough for you. Chin up.

highclimber
    Free Member

My partner is a nurse in A+E and she was telling my how woefully under-trained/unsympathetic some of her colleagues are to mental health patients.

Bedlam is indeed very good documentary programming.

edlong
    Free Member

My counselling for depression has been through as charity even though I went to my gp initially.

It may well still be an NHS funded service btw.

noteeth
    Free Member

how woefully under-trained/unsympathetic some of her colleagues are to mental health patients

What makes this even more unfortunate is that there has been a steady rise in mental-health related admissions to A&E. Cuts in community & in-patient mental health services are having serious knock-on effects elsewhere.

keaboing
    Free Member

1 in 4 people will suffer a mental health problem at some point in their lives, yet the stigma of having a mental health problem continues. SANE’s Black Dog Campaign aims to stop stigma which can be supported by donating £2 and receiving a wristband.

keaboing
    Free Member

£3

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bedlam’ is closed to new replies.