Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bedhampton dirt jumps (near Portsmouth)
  • escrs
    Free Member

Known about this dirt jump spot for over 15-20 years now

Most were a bit too big for me personally but it was nice to see some local trails after not having much in the way of big dirt jumps in the area in the 15 years prior to them being built

Pass them frequently on my way to work so today i thought id go check them out again and see if they had made any changes etc..

As soon as i got in the woods it was clear they have not been touched in years, all overgrown, plants growing out of the jumps, unfinished lines etc…

They are well hidden so could be that riders that built them have just given up/moved away and they have been forgotten

Or maybe the landowner found out and put a stop to it

Anyone know why they have just been left?

mattbee

Our cleaner’s son was one of the main builders down there. He went to uni 2 years ago, so maybe the other builders have done similar? Just not been replaced with new blood…

DezB
    Free Member

I thought they got blocked off when the roadworks (mini roundabout change) were in progress about a year or so ago. Seem to recall a lot of the trees were gone.

Maybe they haven’t recovered from that..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    escrs
    Free Member

Still easy access to them, not many trees gone from in there

Just looks abandoned with unfinished lines and overgrown

Currently there is some railway work going on alongside, not sure who owns the land

scar4me
    Free Member

I used to dig there 10-15yrs ago ish.

I went up S4p the other week and it was fun, so was thinking I’d pop up there and see whats going on with them nowadays.
    (doesn’t sound like much)
    The right side is huge, the left side was tiny and a bit funky to ride. (but still fun)

Probably the usual of life just moving on for everyone without anyone else knowning about them to bring in fresh blood.
    One of the curses for private jump spots that aren’t shared outside their own rider circles.

Will see.
    Might be able to resurrect them with not too much work.
    (and squeeze it into evenings around the family lol)

escrs
    Free Member

Good luck resurrecting them, they were pretty overgrown when i went up there last year

Also checked out the ones the other side of the railway line, they are still there although when you drop down to under the motorway bridge there are no jumps in that part anymore

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bedhampton dirt jumps (near Portsmouth)’ is closed to new replies.