Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bedgebury Insomnia 2013!!!
  • leftygirl
    Free Member

Taking place during the night of the 6th and 7th July 2013, Insomnia has become a key event for mountain bikers across the south-east.  Featuring a mix of singletrack and forest road, Insomnia allows entrants to experience the thrills and challenges of cycling through Bedgebury Forest at night.  Both individuals and teams are welcome, and we attract riders of all abilities. 

Now in its fourth year, Insomnia has always supported a charity, and for 2013 we are partnering with the Alzheimer’s Society.  Entrants are encouraged to raise as much as possible for the charity, and all our marshals and event staff donate their time free of charge.

We believe it is a fun challenge, both exciting for participants and in aid of a good cause. It appeals to all mountain bikers from competitive racers to recreational riders. Anyone over the age of 18 equipped with a bike with knobbly tyres, a good light and the energy to pedal around the course may take part.

Further details are also available online at http://www.bedgeburyinsomnia.co.uk.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Much better time of year for it. Look forward to racing 20mins from home.

plop_pants
    Free Member

are the trails open now?

rewski
    Free Member

I’m planning to do this, if I get fit enough. A good cause that’s very close to my heart. Didn’t last year get cancelled?

weedb

I did this a couple of years ago and loved it. Would do it again if I didnt live in Aberdeen now.

leftygirl
    Free Member

There are some sections shut still plop pants, but Insomnia does not just use the red route, it also uses some of the sections in reverse, it also takes in some fire road and the new section that is normally the last on the red route(cake run) will be included!

As said this is a relatively new event with a fun and relaxed atmosphere, anyone who lives in the south of England should give this one a go!
    Rewski, last years event was cancelled, and it was very unfortunate but this year’s is going ahead whatever!

It’s also on Facebook, if you like what you see, please share with all of your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bedgebury-Insomnia-12hr-Enduro/321803527915402?fref=ts

tenfoot

….and the new section that is normally the last on the red route(cake run) will be included!

That jump between the trees will be interesting at 4 in the morning. 😯

Looking forward to it again this year (all signed up). Last year we dodged a bullet anyway, because it chucked it down all night, on the night it was planned for.

neninja
    Free Member

Gloworm lights are the lights partner for Bedgebury Insomnia

I’ll be there doing light hire for people who want to participate but don’t have a decent light. Entrants get a special discount on Gloworm lights.

leftygirl
    Free Member

Fantastic Neninja! It will be great to meet you 🙂

Mercedes-Vito will also be there, showing that their vans are the perfect vehicle for transporting bikes.

All night café, all night bike repairs from Quench Cycles, showers, toilets, camping and entertaining marshalls!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bedgebury Insomnia 2013!!!’ is closed to new replies.