Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Becoming a Pilates instructor (no, not me – Mrs J)
  • geoffj

Mrs J fancies doing a Pilates Instructor course and has been looking at options.

Hanson Pilates do a Central YMCA Qualifications (CYQ) Level 3 Diploma in mat work (http://www.hansonpilates.com/level-3-matwork-pilates-diploma-sep13/) which seems to fit the bill, but I know nothing.

Any opinions / alternatives? Is CYQ really a recognised awarding body?

TIA

geoffj

Oh come on – you could at least provide some sarky comments or sumfink!

talulah
    Free Member

yes it is well recognised! I have an ETM – Exercise to Music. You have the opportunity to join REP’s with a CYQ, The Register of Exercise Professionals and most importantly it is recognised for insurance purposes. As far as I know the Pilates course is quite full on, (if anything like mine some teaching experience would be handy) but that is probably a good thing for a potential teacher. Well thought I would answer whilst I am trawling through the forum trying to find an answer to my gear problems without embarrassingly having to ask someone!

hammyuk
    Free Member

I guess it depends on where she will be teaching – if it was up to me I would be building her a nice studio with cctv for “safety purposes” and ensuring that she has the best possible clientèle…..

geoffj

Thanks talulah

I guess it depends on where she will be teaching – if it was up to me I would be building her a nice studio with cctv for “safety purposes” and ensuring that she has the best possible clientèle…..

You forgot the bit about it being in a well healed part of Surrey with lots of yummy mummys working off the soya decaf mochachinos! 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Becoming a Pilates instructor (no, not me – Mrs J)’ is closed to new replies.