Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Beautiful car
  • tonyplym
    Free Member

Saw one of these last weekend – looked exceedingly pretty, although it also looked exceedingly wide. Also stupidly expensive (about £65k), but I guess than comes with being hand-made by Maserati and being built around a full carbon tub.

P-Jay
    Free Member

perchypanther

One Man’s meat is another man’s poison – they come joint first in my “worst looking car” man list with the Rover 75 ha ha.

stever
    Free Member

I saw this in the Lakes on Sunday. You can’t really see what it is, but it was a Volvo and very nice…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EbBNgd]
    Classic Volvo, Tilberthwaite[/url]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    P-Jay
    Free Member

tonyplym – Member

Saw one of these last weekend – looked exceedingly pretty, although it also looked exceedingly wide. Also stupidly expensive (about £65k), but I guess than comes with being hand-made by Maserati and being built around a full carbon tub.

They are amazing looking things aren’t they!

I know what you mean about the price – I like their thinking – a bit like the GT86 – 21st century thinking – why have some shouting V8/12 6mpg thing in it with 1000bhp that you’ll never, ever use all of – not even on a track – make it smaller (perhaps not narrow enough), make it light and efficient and fun to drive – all brilliant things but I think people look at it and think “it’s only got a 1.7 from a hatch back and it costs £65k!!!!”

What they should be thinking is, Italian, mid-engined, carbon tub – and ONLY £65k – it’s 25% the price of a Ferrari

pondo

205GTi – Pininfarina, nuff said.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

One Man’s meat is another man’s poison – they come joint first in my “worst looking car” man list with the Rover 75 ha ha.

I think 90% of the problem was that it looked kinda like a Rover 75. In isolation I’m with perchypanther, it’s a nice looking car. But it looked a bit like a posh 75.

Then there’s the 75, which again, wasn’t bad. But it was a Rover. Look at it, there’s nothing inherently wrong with it.

But it was a Rover 75, which is a bit like having the surname Hart and calling your kid any first name beginning with S. So however good it was, it was always cooler to say it was crap.

What they should be thinking is, Italian, mid-engined, carbon tub – and ONLY £65k – it’s 25% the price of a Ferrari

But it is double the price of an Elise.

Lotus or Italian, Lotus or Italian……………….Either way you’re going to need AA membership :-p

SaxonRider

Then there’s the 75, which again, wasn’t bad. But it was a Rover. Look at it, there’s nothing inherently wrong with it.

Until they ruined the front lights, that is…

redthunder
    Free Member

My mate arrived in this the other day….I quite like it actually.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EzWQdW]matescar2[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a soft spot for a couple of Jap classics

Not sure you’re allowed classics or actual expensive sports cars in this thread.

Having said that, I saw one of these in Asda, does it count? The heir to the MR2:

Rorschach
    Free Member

mattbee

Nobeerinthefridge, I had a Mk1 Astra GTE. Silver, completely stock apart from fast rd cam, stainless exhaust and some airflow mods.
    Even had the bag to put the sunroof panel in if you wanted to take it out.
    Was a hoot, like driving a silver bread bin it was so tinny but it handled pretty well.
    Mine was quite rotten though & the sills crumbled to nothing.
    Sold it on to be a parts donor for a rally spec one.

anagallis_arvensis

I had a Rover 75 for a year or so after a knee injury meant i could ride my motorbike and needed an auto. It was the only car that has ever made me chuckle everytime I got into it!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve had a soft spot for one of these, garnered by a mate buying one new back when they were G redg..

I know they’ve got lots of issues, and maybe the Mk1 looked better, but it’s probably the combination of Navy Blue and leather interior..

X19

perchypanther
    Free Member

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Cougar, I preferred the MK1 AW11 version

And actually as a daily driver. The Celica is pretty pretty too

nickc

They’re ugly enough to come back around to being quite good looking

Legoman
    Free Member

[/URL]].

[/URL]]..

[/URL]]…

OK I realise the C6 might not be everyone’s idea of beautiful, but that concave rear window…!

wrecker
    Free Member

That’s a singer Rorschach you cheat!!!

teethgrinder

Yup – it’s a Rover, but love the Coupe. I had a Nightfire Red 2.0 NASP which I converted to a turbo – rapid car.

chewkw
    Free Member

All things Toyota … me. 😆

OP, that MR2 is very nice and that engine is commonly used for modification in the far east. i.e. the GT version.

welshfarmer

In the best STW tradition of posting what you owned I would nominate the 124 Sport

santacoops
    Free Member

slammed squareback… choose any.

Lionheart
    Free Member

This and the G4 are two fav car shapes for me but so many cool cars above!

bikebouy
    Free Member

And yes, I too had one of these, Alfasud ti 1.5 boxer engine. Bloody loved it. A simple play thing bought off a family friend and driven around the lanes of Shropshire. It rotted away in a heap, sadly the engine struts gave way on a road out of Newport heading through Shifnal on my way home to Ironbridge. My GF at the time called her Mom from a Pub and left me to get the car home on my own, luckily Dad was home and he towed me the 12 miles back with me trying desperately to correct very random steering.

CountZero

I absolutely love Audi A5’s, I think their proportions and lines are perfect. There’s a black one that’s usually parked down inside road near where I live, no identifying badges on it at all, just a pair of zorst pipes out the back, so I assume it’s an S-Line, but it’s very subtle.
    I like that yellow Octy VRS estate as well, the latest VRS 230 is rather tasty.
    My personal favourite non-supercar what I have owned, is the Puma. Still looks good, the styling hasn’t aged at all, it was always a hoot to drive, the Yamaha developed 1.7 Zetec always sounded great when really given the beans, and on top of that it fitted me perfectly, the seats were really comfy, and everything was in just the right place.
    Given the money to be able to afford to run one, I’d have another in an instant, an FRS would be even better.

TheFlyingOx

I’m always going to be biased but for me this is the best looking non-supercar out there:

daviek

Agree with the old Celica and the RX-7 but I’ve always wanted a Karmann Ghia.

ElShalimo

Citroen Traction Avant

chewkw
    Free Member

Toyota Crown Majesta S150

Rockape63
    Free Member

Going back to the OP that MR2 was always styled on the Ferrari 328GTS so not surprising it looks so good.

The biggest surprise was the third version of the MR2 which was such a disappointment.

santacoops
    Free Member

One of my mates had a Toyota Crown chewkw, we used to call it the train. Because it felt like you were travelling in one.

Jason
    Free Member

Had to check the original post didn’t feature my old car!

I had a Mk2 MR2 Turbo for a couple of years. A great car, loads of power and the later models had more predictable handling than the earlier ones. Still the only car I have managed to spin on the road 😳 You didn’t see many of the turbo charged ones, so people didn’t expect them to be as quick as they are.

Eventually sold it to buy a Westfield, and also a Mk1 MR2 as a run around. Never really took to the Mk1, it was fun to drive but lacked the comfort and speed of the Mk2.

BadlyWiredDog

*narrows eyes* – Can’t tell if sarcastic or not – regarding the yellow estate that is…

Irony died on this forum a long time ago… 😐

BadlyWiredDog

And I have a soft spot for this, cos it’s mine…

righog
    Free Member

for the OP

[video]https://youtu.be/szNTIRb09b0[/video]

wee-al
    Free Member

Welshfarmer, that is stunning

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Bit worried there might be some accidents…

(in your pants, not on the road)

’69 Chevrolet Camaro SS

’67 Pontiac Firebird

’69 Dodge Charger R/T

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

My parents, sadly sold before I was allowed to drive it, Toyota Celica Mk4 – The GT4 version. Beautiful car both inside and out.

spooky_b329

Fact 1:

[video]https://youtu.be/otmEm4UJcRI?t=17[/video]

wwaswas

My brother’s Alfa Giulia GTA Stradale

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Beautiful car’ is closed to new replies.